Laburnum Community Connection
Family Edition - May 23, 2021
Greetings Laburnum Families,
I hope you had an enjoyable weekend! See the flyer above for ways to support your student's wellness during Mental Health Awareness Month.
Read below for important information. Don't skip the sections about 5th grade promotion and our annual transition day!!
5th Science SOL
- In Person - May 25
- Virtual - May 26
We need all students at school on time for SOL testing. Once the testing session begins, we will not be permitted to let tardy students into the classroom and they will have to take a make-up assessment. In-Person students must be at school by 8:00 AM. We will begin accepting virtual students for testing at 7:45 at the parent drop off loop in the parking lot.
If your virtual student took pictures with Strawbridge in April, you may pick up those pictures Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. All in person students received their pictures last week. We will let families know when make up photos are available.
Principal Chat & PTA General Meeting:
This meeting has been rescheduled for this upcoming Tuesday, May 25th at 5:30. Please use the link to join.
Join by Video :meet.google.com/qow-oaod-pdq
Join by Phone:
PIN: 274 316 867#
5th Grade Promotion
When: Wednesday, June 16th @ 11:00
Where: Laburnum Elementary on the parent drop off loop.
Things to know:
- We want families to decorate their vehicles to celebrate your students.
- Vehicles will drive through the parent drop off area where students will hear their name, receive a gift bag, and have an opportunity to take a quick photo at the photo booth to commemorate the moment.
- Parents of all virtual students will need to come to the school between June 1 - June 11 to pick up your child's door tag. We will send the door tags home with all in person students. You will need to tape/hang the door tag on the passenger side of your vehicle on the day of the celebration. The door tag will have your child's name and this will allow 5th grade teachers to call the correct student's name.
Note: You will attend the grade level that your student will be in next year. For example, if your student is a kindergartner, you will click on the link for "rising 1st graders".
Kindergarten Registration and NEW 1st - 5th Grade Student Registration
Use the link below to register any kindergarten student or NEW 1st - 5th grade student. Any registering kindergartner must be five by Sept. 30th, 2021.
There can only be two adults per registration appointment, everyone must wear a mask, and practice social distancing.
Matrícula de kindergarten en persona para el 2021-22 comienza el 12 de abril (solamente con citas). Contacte a la escuela de su zona para sacar una cita.
Important Information for In Person & Virtual Students:
Families must report the following to the school:
- Your child has tested positive for COVID
- Your child has been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID.
- Your child has been tested for COVID and is awaiting results (regardless of reason).
- Your child has responded yes to any of the questions on the daily health screener questionnaire.
We will communicate this information to the HCPS health team which will make a determination as to when a student is able to return to school.
If your child is seen in the clinic due to experiencing COVID-like symptoms while at school, you will be provided with a note informing you of when your child is able to return to school.
Don't forget to join our wonderful PTA! The cost is only $5.00 per person. Use the membership link today or stop by the school.
May 31st - Student & Staff Holiday
June 17th - Last Day of School - Full Day
Remember to complete the COVID Health Screener each morning with your in person studnt. If your child is sick, do not send your child to school. Please contact Ms. Jones, our attendance secretary, immediately. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (804) 228-2720.
If you have a planned absence, such as a vacation, prior approval from the principal is required for it to be considered excused. Email Mrs. Boone at email@example.com.
In person students cannot move between in-person and virtual unless quarantined by School Health Services due to COVID related situations. If you, your child, or anyone in your home has been exposed, tested, or contracted COVID. do not send your child to school and contact us immediately.
Instructional Packet Pick Up:
Follow Us on Social Media