- The boxes used to make juice boxes today are not entirely recyclable. Juice boxes cannot be recycled because they are made of a combination of materials that cannot be separated for recycling. If they were made of aluminum they could always be recycled! Also, Aluminum has one of the highest recycling rates compared to other materials.
- Aluminum is already one of the raw materials used to make juice boxes. If they switched to only aluminum containers they'd be extracting less from the ground and not adding on to the production process.
- The natural resource used to make aluminum is still plentiful in the earth. Using bauxite at the rate we do now activists say there is still enough bauxite to last us years.
Aluminum Recycling rates!
Aluminum is better
Natural Resources used in Juice Boxes Today
What do Activists Think?
What Can you do to Help?
- Support the idea of using aluminum cans for juice boxes
- Always recycle your aluminum and other recyclable things, recycling always helps
"Aluminum Foil." How Aluminum Foil Is Made. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"How Plastics Are Made." How Plastics Are Made. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"Aluminum's Raw Material-Bauxite." Britannica School. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"Coal Mining." Britannica School. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"Nonrenewable Resources." Britannica School. Web. 04 Dec. 2015."Where Is Coal Found?" World Coal Association. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
"Juicy Juice Juicy Juice." Juicy Juice. Juicy Juice. Web. 07 Dec. 2015.
Lehner, Peter. "Fast Food Trash Nation? Time to Cut Down on Packaging Waste." Fast Food Trash Nation? Time to Cut Down on Packaging Waste. 6 Feb. 2015. Web. 08 Dec. 2015.
Rastogi, Nina. "Which Is Greener—plastic Wrap or Aluminum Foil?" Slate. Web. 08 Dec. 2015Pulley, Brenda. "RECYCLING FACTS & STATS." Recycling Facts & Statistics. Web. 09 Dec. 2015..
Pezibear. Dark Crumpled Aluminum Foil. Digital image. Pixabay. 24 Feb. 2015. Web. 16 Dec. 2015. <https://pixabay.com/en/aluminum-foil-dark-crumpled-647222/>.