AC FEUD: WHO OWNS AC?
TESLA vs EDISON vs WESTINGHOUSE
Edison: A TRUE OPPONENT AGAINST AC
Thomas Edison did have some influence on the development of AC. Thomas Edison developed DC which Tesla used to develop some aspects of AC. However, Edison was a great opponent towards AC from its early development. For example:
- Edison used AC electricity on animals to prove how severe it was.
- Edison went so far to put AC electricity on the first electric chair which he used to execute a criminal named William Kemmler to prove AC electricity was to dangerous for human use.
Westinghouse: THE INDUSTRIALIST
- Commercialized AC.
- Developed various AC generators and power stations for the future.
- Developed AC systems that were able to develop in such a long range.
However, Tesla developed AC components such as AC motors and generators so it was due to due to the break through of his patents that the AC systems grew in popularity.
TESLA: THE TRUE OWNER OF AC.
- Tesla also developed the transformers which allowed the power company to step up their voltage of the power in the generator so the power can be transmitted over great distances.
- Tesla created a complete system of AC generators, transformers, transmission lines, motors and lighting.
- Tesla patents led to the growth of AC systems.
- Tesla even came up with idea to build a power plant in Niagara Falls to power up New York City which Westinghouse did after Tesla’s death.
. It was really due to Nikola Tesla ideas and inventions that AC electricity developed into standardized current used today which is why Tesla deserves full ownership of AC.