Dec.6 - 12 - PTO Spirit Week @ Marcos Pizza
Dec. 6-10 - Knox Book Fair
Dec. 8 - Band Winter Concert @ CP
Dec. 15 - Choir Winter Concert @ CP
Dec. 17 - Early Release 12:50... Last day of 1st Semester
Dec. 20-Jan. 4 - Winter Break
Dear Parents and Families:
We’re excited to invite you to our upcoming Scholastic Book Fair. Hosted by our library, this event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of reading. As always, all purchases benefit our school.
After missing out on many beloved traditions, our fall Book Fair will be a familiar, welcome, and fun event for our students. Here’s what you need to know about the Fair, which will take place from December 6-10 at Knox Library during regular school hours 8:10-4:10 (Tuesday and Thursday until 5:00).
Our Book Fair offers a cash-free payment option called eWallet. It’s a convenient digital account that your child can use for shopping at our Fair. Grandparents, friends, and others can contribute, too!
If you can’t make it to the Fair, then shop online at our school’s Virtual Book Fair. All orders ship directly to your home, and shipping is free for book orders over $25. Your online orders will also benefit our school.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
We’re excited to celebrate our love of books together at the Book Fair. We look forward to seeing your child there!
PTO Spirit Week
Eighth grade students are receiving their PSAT 8/9 test booklet and a letter through their language arts classes this week. The letter contains directions on how to create a College Board account to access their scores.
Please see the link below for more information on the PSAT 8/9.
Saturday School Tutoring
We are doing our best at Knox to do as much as we can to help students be successful. Students who need some extra help will have an opportunity to get extra tutoring on Saturday December 4, and December 11.
Whether it's watching videos of old notes and doing Canvas homework or using that time to work on any quizzes/tests that still have not been taken, this will be beneficial. If those tests have already been taken, but the test corrections have not been completed, this time could also be useful.
We would love to see students who need help attend! If you are interested and would like more information, you can contact Ruthellen Hinton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832.592.8292. Ms. Brown (language arts) and Mr. Lloyd (math) will be assisting the students in all subjects. It is extremely important to register ahead of time so we can make sure to have additional personnel if needed.
The details are as follows:
- Saturday, December 4, and December 11, from 8 am to 12 noon at Knox. Student must be here by 7:55 AM. They can leave at 10:00 AM if done or 12:00 noon.
- Drop off is in the front of Knox by 7:55 am.
- Pick up is also in the front of Knox either at 10:00 AM or 12:00 noon. We cannot have students coming and going at various times.
- Students will be working in the library
- Bring headphones if you need them.
- Talk to your teachers ahead of time to see what you need to get done during this time to improve your grades. Teacher will be notified student is attending when confirmations are sent.
- This is open to anyone who is falling behind and needs guidance.
College Park High School Baseball is excited to announce their 2021 SlugFest CoEd Softball Tournament.
Register for a team today! 💚⚾️💙
Save the date because...
FEBRUARY 25, 2022
4:30PM - 7:30PM
Students and families are welcome!!!
Conroe ISD is seeking feedback on three refined 2022-2023 calendar drafts. The District-Level Planning and Decision-Making Committee is planning to submit a calendar for the Board’s approval at their January meeting. Learn more on the School Calendar Process Webpage at https://www.conroeisd.net/about/school-calendar-process/ (Links to an external site.).
Previously Sent but Still Helpful Information...
Safety and security are of the utmost importance to Conroe ISD. In an effort to provide more options for reporting safety concerns, the District is introducing Anonymous Alerts®, an app that will work alongside our long-standing, anonymous KidChat hotline.
The Anonymous Alerts® app can be downloaded for free on a smartphone and allows students and parents to quickly, easily, and anonymously report student safety issues to the appropriate officials. Anonymous Alerts® also provides opportunities for secure two-way encrypted communication with the school and District personnel receiving the messages. Like the KidChat hotline, the Conroe ISD Police Department will also be monitoring submissions through Anonymous Alerts®.
Download the app by simply scanning one of the QR codes with your phone. The login is conroeisd.
Can My Child Go to School Today
Our Knox Athletics seasons are underway. In an effort to make our games a positive experience for our players and fans we are setting some expectations as you support your team. They are as follows:
- Please be mindful of the dress code at all contests. Students will be expected to follow school dress code.
- We expect you to cheer in a positive manner for our kids.
- Demeaning comments about players (both sides), coaches (both sides), and referees will not be tolerated and you may be asked to leave by school administration.
- Please remember the young men and women that participate are listening to your comments as well as other fans in the stands.
- Keep in mind how a negative comment about another person’s 12-14 year old child can make them react.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact one of the following administrators as one of us will be at all Knox home games.
Joe Daw - Principal
James Bishop - Asst. Principal
Tonya West - Asst. Principal
Ruthellen Hinton - Asst. Principal
Thank you for supporting our Knights!
Knox Social Media
Knox has several great ways for you to stay connected through social media. We
have Facebook and Twitter accounts you can start following today! Our social media will
highlight campus accomplishments, post campus updates, and will include information
on upcoming events.
We encourage you to follow one or both accounts. You can find active links to both on
the Knox homepage or use the links below.
Bell Schedule for 2021 - 2022
Regular Bell Schedule
1st Period 8:50 – 9:40
2nd Period 9:45 – 10:35
3rd Period 10:40 – 11:40 Announcements made the first 10 minutes of class.
4th Period A Lunch 11:40 – 12:10 Class 12:15 – 1:10
Class 11:45 – 12:10 B Lunch – 12:10 - 12:40 Class 12:45 - 1:10
Class 11:45 – 12:40 C Lunch –12:40 - 1:10
5th Period 1:15 – 2:05
6th Period 2:10 – 3:00
7th Period 3:05 – 4:00
Parent Access Center (PAC)
Parent Access Center is a great way for parents to view their child’s daily grades, attendance record with tardies, discipline issues, and many other pieces of information pertaining to student progress while at Knox. You can also add money to your child’s lunch account. I encourage you to sign up at
http://www.conroeisd.net/student-parent/pac.asp. There will be a sign up station available during orientation in the library.
Applications for Free/Reduced Lunch Program for your student are available online. Please go to the link below for more information regarding school lunches.
Dress Code Information
When doing your back to school shopping, please be aware of the following:
- Pants/Jeans/shorts: Must fit at the waist – no baggy jeans Absolutely NO Sagging
- Shorts must be fingertip length and not cause a distraction. Pants with holes can be worn as long as the holes are below fingertip length or leggings worn beneath them.
- Shoes: most shoes are fine, including flip flops. No house slippers.
- No profanity, alcohol advertisements, inappropriate innuendos
- No halter or tank tops –
- All blouses/shirts must cover appropriately with no undergarments showing.
- Skirts and Dresses must be fingertip length
- No caps or hats (except on designated days)
**All dress code violations are at the discretion of campus administration