School Social Work Community Event
Come Share Resources & Problem-Solve on November 3
SSW Community of Practice: Fall 2015
Join other Oakland County School Social Workers in a day long opportunity to problem-solve challenges and share information and resources.
During this highly interactive day you will learn about:
- Using technology to find resources,
- The latest on Finding Evidenced Based Practices, and
- Colleague-led projects.
Sitting in groups according to disability/challenge area and age level, each participant should plan to bring to share and explain:
- An assessment instrument or tool,
- An intervention idea,
- A community resource, and
- A practice challenge.
What people have said about this event:
- An excellent use of our time and valuable tools for assessment and resources.
- The day was relevant to my professional role.
- I liked meeting school social workers from other districts and getting new ideas.
- The opportunity to collaborate with others was great! I also appreciated your patience and help when I had questions.
- I think that Special Education Directors need to understand how this can benefit staff morale, performance and (impact on) student growth.
We want you!
A portion of the day will be allocated to SSWs sharing success stories and innovative approaches to practice.
Please contact Steve Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss sharing.
This day will be faciltated by:
School Social Work Consultant
Professional Learning Unit
Oakland Schools Department of Special Education