Aug./Sept. Bowlesburg Newsletter
- Welcome Back
- Bowlesburg's Behavior Matrix
- Bowlesburg's Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- MAP Testing
- Calendar of Events
School Year 2023-2024 Is Off To A Great Start!
I would like to welcome our students, families, and staff back for the 2023-2024 school year. It has been a great start to the year, as we help students get back into the school routine. Our first couple of weeks have been focused on establishing routines and procedures in the school and classrooms. We do this by teaching the students the 3 B's of Bowlesburg: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe. These three school-wide expectations are defined for each area of the school on our Behavior Matrix shown below. Click on the image to view it full screen. We look forward to working with families as we help our students become productive members of our school community.
Jeff Fairweather, Principal
Bowlesburg's Behavior Matrix
Bowlesburg's Mission, Vision, and Core Values
M.A.P. Testing Begins August 28th
Starting Monday, August 28th we will begin administering our M.A.P. (Measure of Academic Progress) assessment to all students. Click this link for the testing schedule. The purpose of the M.A.P. assessment is to measure student growth in Reading and Math. Your student’s scores will be sent home with their report card at the end of the quarter and discussed with you at Parent/Teacher conferences. It is very important that your child do their best on these assessments so that we can get an accurate measure of their progress. You can help your child do his or her best on the test by:
Making sure, if possible, that your child attends school on the days of testing;
Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
Making sure your child eats breakfast either at home or at school on the mornings of testing;
Reminding your child to ask their teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
Letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best; and
Advising your child not to worry about the test – just do the best he or she can.
Thank you for assisting us in helping your child do their best.
August/September/October Calendar of Events
- August 28th - MAP Testing Begins
- September 1st - No School, District Inservice Day
- September 4th - No School, Labor Day
- September 8th - Walk-a-thon During Grade Level Specials
- September 11th - Picture Day
- September 12th - PTA Meeting 6:00 P.M. in Bowlesburg Library
- September 15th - Ice Cream Social 5:30-6:30 P.M.
- September 22nd - Early Dismissal at 11:30 A.M.
- October 2nd-6th - No School, Fall Break
- October 9th - No School, Columbus Day
- October 10th - PTA Meeting 6:00 P.M. in Bowlesburg Library
- October 20th - End of 1st Quarter
- October 21st - PTA Fall Fest 12:00-2:00 P.M.
- October 25th - 1st Quarter Report Cards Sent Home