Year 1 News
Miss Hansson's ELC2 Superstars
What's Happening in ELC2:
This Week - Week 1
Friday-25 April: ANZAC day ceremony
Next Week - Week 2
- Friday-1 May: ELC2 Assembly arrive at 8:00
- Sunday-3 May: Garden Busy Bee
Coming up - Week 3
Thursday 7 May: Mother's Day Afternoon 1:45-2:35
New ELC2 Timetable
At the end of last term we said goodbye to Jennifer Kinson. We appreciate all the support she gave the year one students and we wish her the best in her future endeavours. Due to this change in support staff I have changed the ELC2 timetable to better suit the classroom structure. The new timetable will be displayed on the classroom door and sent home in the student's homework folders.
Assembly Item - Bucket Filling!
- Costumes: we will be using the lower Primary costumes from school concerts as well as making items to wear. The students are encouraged to wear runners when performing. Any further details regarding costumes TBA
- Procedure on Friday 1 March: the students arrive in ELC2 at 8:00am to ensure all students are ready, set up the stage and arrange a final run through.
- Dance Moves- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3PmzEZbBz0
- Lyrics- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dJ91WdZQPI
Garden Busy Bee
Please grab a pair of gloves and head to school on Sunday 3 May to join families, River Rangers, students and volunteers. Anytime between 10.00am and 4.00pm to help with:
- Spreading wood chips in garden areas, including bushland adjacent to the car park.
- Pruning dead heads
- Weeding garden beds
- Cleaning up the green house
River ranger cadets and Dr Elaine Lewis will coordinate the sign in/out sheet and allocate tasks. They will be based near the greenhouse (adjacent to the oval). Please bring a wheelbarrow, shovel, rake, garden gloves, drink bottle and lunch. Morning tea and afternoon tea will be provided.