Intro to Using GIS in the Classroom
3 Clock hours
Online Training through Esri
There is a growing need to educate teachers in technology to incorporate the use of STEM skills into their classrooms. This course will provide skills for teachers to incorporate STEM skills into classroom instruction.
After completing course you will be able to:
- Find, explore, and create GIS maps using free, web-based application.
- Help students visualize local, regional, and global data and make connections to their own environment.
- Present questions and have students explore GIS maps to find answers.
- Choose appropriate GIS classroom activities based on your instructional goals and students’ level of knowledge.
- Guide students through a standard process for investigating a problem using GIS
- Prepare a GIS map presentation on a topic of interest.
ONLINE, self-paced training provides skills for teachers to incorporate STEM skills into classroom instruction using GIS. Course needs to be completed prior to August 31, 2016.