The CityLab Connect
Week of December 19th, 2022
A Message From Our Lead Teacher, Dustin Good
We've almost made it!
Next week marks the end of the first semester. I know that we are all looking forward to a restful break. Since August, our students have been busy creating projects centered around Architecture, Urban Planning, Environmental Sustainability, as well as their core curricular classes. To celebrate their work, our campus will be hosting a Student Project Showcase next Wednesday, December 21, from 10:30 pm to 12:30 pm. We encourage any CityLab parent, family member, or community partner to attend. During the Showcase all CityLab students will have an opportunity to present a project. The Showcase has become a semi-annual tradition at CityLab and has been a fantastic way for students to share their accomplishments. See the flyer below for more details and a registration link. We look forward to seeing you there!
Please have your student bring their district issued laptop and charger everyday!
Schedule for week of 12/19
Monday, Dec. 19-5th & 6th ACPs, early release 2:15 PM
Tuesday, Dec.20-7th & 8th ACPs, early release 2:15 PM
Wednesday, Dec. 21-Student Showcase 10:30-12:30, Holiday event 1:30-2:15, early release 2:15 PM
Thursday, Dec. 22-No School
Friday, Dec. 23-No School
Monday, Jan. 9-Students return to school
12/16, 12/19, 12/20, 12/21-Early Release 2:15 PM
12/21-Santa's Workshop Day
12/21-Project Based Learning Student Showcase 10:30 AM-12:30 PM
1/16-No School in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.
1/26-Parent Conferences 4:30 PM-8:00 PM
2/20-No School in honor of President's Day
Attendance for Credit
Campus Drop Off and Pick Up
School day is from 9:10 AM to 4:30 PM.
All students will enter and exit through the front door located on S. Ervay St.
All students will go through a security check prior to entering the building.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be at the front of CityLab High School on S. Ervay St.
- Bus drop off and pick up times vary for each route. Please refer to either the CityLab website or the Dallas ISD website for specific route times.
- Parent/Guardian student drop off/pick up will be on the side of CityLab High School on Corsicana. Please follow CityLab monitor instructions during drop off/pick up.
Please do not to park for pick up opposite the buses on Ervay or on Corsicana west of Ervay.
- Student dropped off begins at 8:15 AM on Corsicana.
- Parent/Guardian student pick up will be on Corsicana with parents/guardians lining up starting at 4:25 PM. For quick and efficient pick up, we ask that parent do not park in the spaces on Corsicana.
Students will not be realeased for early pick up after 4 PM.