How to Register to Vote!
By: Suhhel Mokhtarzadeh
Voter Eligibility In North Carolina
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a citizen of North Carolina
- Also Must be of the age of 18 or up
- Must not be serving a sentence for felony conviction
Register to Vote
- You can register by Mail
- you must complete and sign the voter registration application, then send it to your county
- You can register in person
- you can do it at a DMV, at Social Service offices, at public health offices, etc.
- You can register by e-mail
- you can e-mail the voter registration application to your county board of election office (must submit your original signature in person or by mail within 20 days of registration deadline
- You can also register by fax
- you can fax the voter registration application to your county board of election office (must submit your original signature in person or by mail within 20 days of registration deadline
North Carolina's Register Deadlines
- NC voters registration deadlines are 25 days before the Election day.
Military, Overseas, or out of state Registration
- you can register to vote using either the federal postcard application or the federal write- in absentee ballot.
- you then physically sign it and then return it to the State Board of Elections by 5 p.m. on the day before the election date.
- can send it by e-mail, fax, or mail
Out of State Registration
- you vote by mail, e-mail, or fax