Fun With Firsties
December 7, 2015
Math-We will continue with Topic 5 this week. We will practice adding 3 numbers, and will solve word problems with 3 addends as well.
Social Studies-Service learning continues this week with a visit from an emergency room doctor-a perfect example of a community member who helps keep people safe!
Religion-The second week of Advent has arrived and the second purple candle is lit in our Advent wreath! We will continue to discuss ways in which we can turn our minds and hearts towards Christ during this holy season. We will continue with Chapter 8 in our text book. We will discuss and identify ways to love God and others as He loves us.
Uniform Policy Reminders
- Leggings and tights must be one solid color-white, navy blue, black, or gray.
- Shoes must be black, gray, blue or white laced or velcro athletic shoes.
- Shoelaces must match the predominant color of the shoe.
- No high-tops or boots are allowed, with the exception of rain boots on rainy days.
- Footwear must be non-distracting from the overall uniform.
Notes To The Fabulous Folks
- We are looking forward to our Christmas Concert and Christmas Tree lighting on Wednesday night. The program will begin at 6:00 p.m. Please plan to arrive at 5:30. The children should go directly to their classrooms. We will walk to the HPAC just prior to 6:00 p.m. After the tree lighting portion of the evening, children will return to their classrooms. Parents should pick the children up from their classrooms.
- December is quite a busy month with many changes in pick up schedules for children. Please be sure to communicate with your child's teacher whenever there is a change in pick up procedures(car pool, aftercare, etc.) for your child. It is most helpful if you give your child clear instructions each morning about what the pick up plan for them is that day. If both the child and the teacher have the correct information, it makes for a smoother afternoon for all! Many thanks in advance for your cooperation :)
- December 8-Mass of the Immaculate Conception, 9:00 a.m., Concert Dress
- December 8-Snack bar at recess-$1.00 for hot chocolate and $1.00 for a cookie.
- December 9-Christmas Program and Tree Lighting, 6:00 p.m. Please arrive at 5:30 p.m. Children should go directly to their classroom. Children should come in concert dress with Christmas accessories.
- December 11-Mother's Christmas Luncheon. First graders will sing at this fun and festive event! Concert dress with Christmas accessories!
- December 17-First Grade Polar Express Party. Children may come to school in their PJ's on this day!
- December 18-Christmas Prayer Service, 9:00 a.m.
- December 18-Noon Dismissal-Vacation begins!
Tuesday-Online Math homework
Thursday-Journal entry-In the story "Yuck! Yuck!' Dominic gets very messy while sitting in a mud puddle. Think about a time when you were a mess. Tell what happened that made you messy. Write about your ideas in 2-3 complete sentences. Don't forget to include a picture with your writing.