October 7, 2016
Need 2 Know
Vanguard Virtual with Skype for Business
Information was emailed this week but can also be found on the Vanguard website.
Did you know? Information about all Vanguard events can also be found on the website? Take a look!
1st Nine Weeks - Vanguard Touch Point
Cohorts 1, 2, 3 should submit at least two TIM-O/coaching logs for the 1st nine and cohorts 4a & 4B should submit at least one.
- By 10/18, submit a screen shot of each coaching plan (see below) to your Vanguard school lead.
- By 10/21, school leads will combine all screen shots into a document and send to one of their learning community leads.
- By 10/26, LC leads will upload all documents into a shared folder.
As a reminder, if you are cohort 1, 2, 3, 4a or 4b and do not complete your TIM-Os and coaching plan, you will not be eligible to receive your $500 stipend.
Team Member Shout-Outs
Welcome Cohort 6!
This week's shout-out goes to all of our new Vanguard members! We are thrilled to bring another group of incredible educators on-board to join our already amazing crew! They will be joining us at GaETC to get off on the right foot!
Big congratulations are in order for Pamela Sanford, River Eves Vanguard member! Pamela was just award a $2500 grant from the Georgia Educational Technology Consortium and their Innovation Grant Program!
We are thrilled for you and look forward to the results of your project!
Last Night's Chat: Homework
You don't need to host it alone. Partner with a friend and run the chat as a team!
Please consider signing up to showcase your work and/or your school. We would like to highlight all areas of the county, all academic levels, and all personalized learning principles. You're doing great work! Share it with others!
LAST WEEK'S ISSUE
Vanguard $500 Stipend
Until then, be sure to review this infographic with the information you need to know! The infographic covers the following questions:
- What do I have to do to get my stipend?
- How do I spend the money?
- What can/can't I purchase with my stipend?
- Do the things I purchase belong to me?
- What does Vanguard recommend I spend my money on?
Nominate Someone (Or Yourself) Today!
In 2015, Vanguardian Megan Endicott was recognized for the work she's doing at Dolvin ES. Take a look at her feature on their website!