By: Sophie H. & Mady W. 7th Hour
This smore is for anyone who is buying a boat or using a boat
Why it's an issue?
A coast guard rushing into action.
2. Just like when your in a car, don't drink and drive.
3. Check to make sure boat has the proper safety equipment.
4. Never go out alone.
5. Know your location at all times.
6. It is always good to wear your life jacket.
7. Take a proper boating course if you plan to drive the boat.
Facts and statistics
2. 70 percent of all fatal boating accident victims drowned, and of those,
84 percent were not reported as wearing a life jacket.
3. Alcohol use is the leading contributing factor in fatal boating accidents; it was listed
as the leading factor in 16% of the deaths.
4. Fifteen children under age thirteen lost their lives while boating in 2011. Sixty (60)
percent of the children who died in 2011 died from drowning. Seventy-eight (78) percent of those who drowned were wearing a life jacket as required by state and federal
5. Eight out of every ten boaters who drowned were using vessels less than 21 feet in
So make sure your wearing a life jacket, and know boater safety!
Always wear a life jacket,because it will save your life!
This is a picture of a muskie that could be swimming under your feet when your trying to tread water.