by: Frank Doci
info on WINDS!
- natural movement of the air in the form of a current and air blowing from a particular direction.
- Wind is caused by unequal heating of Earth's surface
- Local winds are small scale convective
- local winds are created by unequal heating of Earth's surface
- sea breezes blow from the sea to the land, the air over the land heats up and rises and the cool air over the water takes its place
- land breezes happen in night and blows from the land to the sea just like sea breezes but the opposite
Info ON GLOBAL WINDS!
- Global winds are winds that travel over a large area
- Global winds are created by the large convection currents to the equator and back to the poles
- The horse latitudes are very calm areas between the convection currents at 30 degrees north or south
- Trade winds are winds that blow to the equator from the poles it is called trade winds because they are mostly used for trading
- Jet streams are winds that flow from west to east and planes fly in the jet streams to go faster
- Polar easterlies are cold winds that blow from the poles