Full Year Distance Learning
August 12, 2020
Welcome Back to School
The first day of online school will be Monday, August 17th. By this evening, you should have your new teacher placement. Please know that we can't wait to meet you!
What is the Full-Year Distance Learning Program?
- A new and innovative full-year distance learning program with students from all over Palo Alto.
- These dedicated families have all joined the FDL program to ensure that their children participate in a classroom with the same teacher all year long.
- No hybrid learning schedule changes for your child.
- Students will get to participate in virtual activities with students from all over Palo Alto.
- Students will have a home school community cohort where possible.
- Opportunities to stay connected with the home school community
Meet your Full Distance Learning Teachers
Tina Francheschi (from Barron Park)
Laura Reeves (from Briones and Barron Park)
Susan Barrie (from Nixon)
Robin Kozina-Carlson (from Fairmeadow)
Michelle Yee (from Ohlone)
Mary Eileen Galagher (from Ohlone)
Lara Jarvis (from Barron Park)
Dara Brady (from Ohlone)
Elsa Chen (from Hoover)
Heather Cleland (from Barron Park)
Diane Darrow (from Fairmeadow and Briones)
Valerie Sabbag (from Fairmeadow)
Florence Srinivasan (from El Carmelo)
Monday, August 17th at 8:30 AM
The First Day of School!
Our first day of school will begin online via Zoom at 8:30 AM. Parents and students log into Schoology to access the Zoom link. Each teacher will have a classroom Schoology course where teachers will communicate with students and parents. Schoology will also be used to access the Seesaw platform for our primary students. You will find assignments, teacher feedback, Zoom links to synchronous instruction, and a calendar when assignments are due and more.
The first few weeks of school will focus on establishing a classroom community, building relationships, and cultivating a sense of belonging through interactive experiences. Teachers will guide students through Schoology, Zoom, and what their school day will include.
I have included a sample weekly schedule for kindergarten and grades 1-5. Your individual teacher will share their schedule with students and parents via Schoology and Seesaw.
FDL Parent Virtual Coffee
The First Parent Virtual Coffee will be held on Friday, August 21st from 9:00-9:45 am. Mrs. Manou will facilitate the conversation to answer questions you might still have.
Please send Mrs. Manou an email with questions ahead of time, so we can make the most of this zoom session.