Creston Community News
Creston's Weekly Update for Students & Families
July 10, 2020
WELCOME TO THE 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR!
I am so excited to welcome you back to Creston for the 20-21 school year! For those who are new to CIMS, my name is Mrs. Storm, proud Creston principal. We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to school later this month!
I realize the last several months have caused much uncertainty around school, and you probably have questions. I hope this newsletter (which I will begin sending on a weekly basis) will provide you helpful guidance and resources.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other CIMS staff with questions or concerns. Listed at the end of this newsletter are several points of contact for your reference.
It is my sincere hope that you and your family are well - please stay safe and take care of yourselves!
Full of Creston Pride,
Mrs. Storm - CIMS Principal
REGISTRATION INFORMATION for 20-21 YEAR
Warren Township is accepting new registrations for the 20-21 school year. If your student ended the school year in a Warren Township school, you do NOT need to take any additional action to be registered for school. If you are new to Warren Township and want to register your student for the upcoming school year, you may register in multiple ways:
- Online - Go to the district home page www.warren.k12.in.us and select the 20/21 Registration / Enrollment Link.
- Visit one of our two remaining centralized registration events from 9am - 5pm to register in person.
- Tuesday, July 14th @ Warren Central High School
- Thursday, July 16th @ Liberty Park Elementary School
Our registration hotline (317-608-0545 or WarrenRegistration@warren.k12.in.us) is available to assist all new and returning families with all of their registration needs. Our school offices are scheduled to open on Monday, July 20th. If you have any registration needs before the 20th, please reach out to the hotline or attend one of our centralized registration events.
VIRTUAL ACADEMY INFORMATION
As you know, Warren students have the opportunity to select in-person or virtual learning to begin the school year. For more information about Warren's Virtual Option, please visit the following page: Virtual Communication one-pager.
Both new and returning students have the option to select virtual instruction for the 20-21 school year. To register for virtual instruction families can indicate their interest by contacting us at 317-608-0545, emailing us at WarrenRegistration@warren.k12.in.us, or completing this virtual enrollment form. Someone will return your call/email to get more information.
We are asking that all families interested in registering virtually do so no later than Monday, July 20th. If you register for virtual instruction after that date, you will be placed on a waitlist.
- July 20th - Deadline to select Virtual Academy option for your student(s) if you do not want them to return to in-person instruction.
- July 29th - First student day of the 20-21 school year! (This is the first student day for students attending in-person AND virtual classes).
LAST CHANCE TO PICK UP 19-20 STUDENT ITEMS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 15TH from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- We provided several dates earlier this summer for students to come pick up items they had left in the building back in March. If you are a previous student who received calls in June about picking up your locker items from the 19-20 year and you never came to retrieve your belongings, you have ONE MORE opportunity to come to CIMS to get them. Any items still remaining after Wednesday will be organized for recycling/donation.
- Reminder that yearbooks have arrived on campus - as stated in a previous phone message to students who ordered one, you can visit CIMS on Wednesday, July 15th at the above times to pick yours up! This only applies to students who already paid for their yearbook.
2020 Pesticide Notification Registry
The Indiana Pesticide Review Board has regulations that impact how school corporations may use pesticides on school grounds. MSD Warren Township follows these guidelines and we are inviting parents and guardians to join our Pesticide Notification Registry. By signing up for this registry, you will be notified via email at least 48 hours prior to a pesticide application at your child’s school, subject to certain exceptions. You will be invited to sign up for this notification each school year.
You will need to sign up for this notification every school year.
If you would like to participate, please complete the required form found at www.warren.k12.in.us.
--Dress Code (very similar to previous year)
--Car Rider Procedures & Maps (will be updated for this coming year)
--Further details on MSD Warren's School Reopening Plan