Healthy and Unhealthy Eating
By: Danni White
- Type 2 diabetes
- 61% of overweight 5- to 10 year old already have at least one risk factor for heart disease, 26% have two or more risk factors.
Obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with at least 2.8 million people dying each year as a result of being overweight or obese.
- Anorexia is the third most common long term illness among teenagers
- Males make up about 10 to 15 percent of those who suffer from anorexia.
Anorexia is the most common cause of death. (up to 12 times higher than other condition) among young women ages 15 to 24 years of age.
Bulimia is an emotional disorder involving distortion of body image and an obsessive desire to lose weight. Or an eating disorder in s=which a large quantity of food is consumed in a short period of time, often followed by feelings of guilt or shame.
- Research suggests that in Western countries like the United Kingdom and Untied States between 1-2 in every 200 people have bulimia.
- Bulimia is a mental disorder, but is can also be referred to as a mental disorder.
- qourn (mycoprotein)
- soya (includes tofu)