- A patient, compassionate, and enthusiastic educator with 19 years of teaching and food service experience.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with people to create a positive and exciting working environment.
- Able to establish priorities, adapt easily to change and perform well under pressure.
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal, listening, presentation, and organizational skills.
Some of Susan's Work Experience
SHALOM TORAH ACADEMY | PRESCHOOL TEACHER
Morganville, NJ | 2006 – 2012
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of a pre-kindergarten class, consisting of up to 20 four-year-old children; supervised a classroom assistant.
- Developed, prepared, and executed daily lesson plans in all general academic subjects; provided students with tangible learning opportunities through the use of hands-on activities.
- Performed detailed assessments of students’ needs/abilities and utilized appropriate teaching strategies/methods.
- Maintained classroom control through positive reinforcement, established rules, and behavior modification.
- Communicated extensively with parents regarding students’ achievements, progress, and problems; encouraged parental involvement in the learning process through extensive correspondence and cooperative activities.
- Designed classroom projects that promoted the development of students’ fine and gross motor skills.
- Planned, coordinated, and supervised recreational and educational field trips.
- Used computers and crafts to supplement lessons and increase students’ interest.
- Served as Teacher in the school’s summer camp for children aged between one and four years.
TROPICAL PALM CATERERS | OWNER
Miami Beach, FL | 2000 – 2006
- Responsible for the development, management and profitability of an off-premise catering company; oversaw and performed all sales, account management, operations and financial activities.
- Provided leadership to our employees in all aspects of food preparation, serving and sanitation.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of menu items including entrees, salads, soups and desserts.
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies, advertising campaigns and promotional programs.
- Prospected new corporate clients and serviced existing accounts. Oversaw daily functions on all luncheons, parties and corporate needs.
- Purchased and maintained inventory; negotiated with vendors on the purchase of food, linens and supplies.
- Penn Foster Career School: Gourmet Cooking Certificate
- Penn Foster Career School: Teachers Aide Career Diploma
- State University College of Oswego: Communication and Special Education
- Qualifications: Childhood Development Associate; CPR and First Aid Certifications