Springhill Standing Out
Week of November 18, 2019
Click here to visit our website and see all the great learning happening at Springhill!
BUILDING CHAMPIONS with STRONG hearts and STRONG minds!
'Tis the Season
We Love Celebrating Students!
- Please remember: morning car drop off begins at 7:30 a.m. and PROWL begins at 7:50 SHARP! This time of the day is so important to ensure students are receiving the interventions or enrichment they need to grow!
- Car rider pick up is from 3:20-3:40. Please remember to have your tag hanging from your mirror to help us keep things running quickly.
- We encourage you to come eat lunch with your child. There are some new options in the cafeteria on Wednesdays and Thursdays in addition to the regular lunch that we are so excited about! On Wednesdays, students have a salad bar option. On Thursdays they have a sandwich option. Come check it out!
1st Grade: 11:00-11:30
2nd Grade: 11:20-11:50
4th Grade: 11:40-12:10
3rd Grade: 12:00-12:30
5th Grade: 12:40-1:10
Morning Drop Off Reminder
Decoding Literacy Skills
Phonological Awareness: the ability to recognize and work with sounds in spoken language (foundational reading skill)
Phonemic Awareness: listeners are able to hear, identify and manipulate phonemes, the smallest mental units of sound that helps to differentiate units of meaning (recognizing 3 phonemes in the word "cat")
Diphthongs: a sound formed by the combination of two vowels in a single syllable, in which the sound begins as one vowel and moves toward another (as in coin
Vowel Teams: two vowels working together to make one vowel sound
Sign-up with our Remind 101- text @sespto2018 to the number 81010
Save the Dates
- Nov. 19 - SES Spelling Bee
- Nov. 22 - $1 Hat Day
- Nov. 25-29 - Thanksgiving Break
- Dec. 6 - Spirit Day
- Dec. 6 - Glow Run/ 5K
- Dec. 10 - First Grade Field Trip to Reynolds Performance Hall
- Dec. 13 - Drama Club Production at Fine Arts Building for 3-5 @ 1:30
- Dec. 16 - Literacy Night - Springhill Presents: "How the Grinch Learned to Read" A Focus on Foundational Reading Skills
- Dec. 17 - Awards Assembly 3-5 @ 8:30 and K-2 @ 9:30
Grade Level Teams
First Grade Team
Second Grade Team
Third Grade Team
Fourth Grade Team
Fifth Grade Team
Assistant Principal: Melissa West
Secretary: Sharon Thessing