CRUSADER NEWS THAT YOU CAN USE....
February 8, 2019
This Week's Recap....
Another busy week! We have finished with MAP test with the exception of makeups and late finishers. We will take care of that next week.
Each Wednesday thru February, students may wear a Black History Month t-shirt to school if they wish. Each Tuesday our cafeteria is preparing a special lunch. This Tuesday they prepared a "soul food" lunch of friend chicken, mac and cheese and collard greens.
MAP testing is still going on. We should finish next week. Students who missed or did not finish a test will be made up as well. We will have our 3rd and final round of testing in May.
Our Gala fundraiser is coming up quickly. We need your support! I hear many parents saying that they are planning to attend but please note that reservations need to be made in advance. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR GALA FUNDRAISER! IT IS FOR ALL OF OUR CHILDREN! WE NEED A NEW BUS!
The 1st thru 3rd Grade spelling bee will be held on Tuesday, beginning at 9AM in the church. Parents are welcomed to come.
Please read all of the information below carefully.
Have a great week,
HOLY CROSS GALA FUNDRAISER
This year, all proceeds of the Gala will benefit all of the children because it is going into our NEW BUS FUND!! I'm sure that we can all agree that we need a new bus.
We need for all of our school family to support this and do their part to help. Here is how you can help:
1. COME TO THE EVENT! There is a link included to the digital EVITE for this event. The cost is $100 per ticket. There are 12 seats at each table so get together your group of friends and family. You will enjoy a lovely meal, cash bar, music and dancing, silent auction, raffle and 50-50. This is for YOUR children and we need our parents to support this and have a great time.
2. Each class is responsible for a themed basket for the SILENT AUCTION. Teachers will be reaching out to you for donations of money or materials for the basket. Please do your part.
3. If you have a business or know someone who does, donate an item or a service for the silent auction or raffle. The skies the limit to what can be auctioned off including gift certificates for services and restaurants, household, beauty and jewelry items, etc.
4. Sponsor a teacher to be able to attend the Gala at no cost. You don't have to pay for the entire ticket at $100 if you cannot afford to, but if you would like to help your child's teacher attend, make a donation of any amount and indicate who you would like the credit to be for. Several parents can get together to pay for the teacher(s).
5. If you have a business or organization or work for a business or organization, you can either purchase a table or sponsor a table. Your company will be featured in our professionally printed program and will be prominently displayed on the table. All donations are tax deductible. We also are looking for an organization to sponsor our Happy Hour.
GREAT BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM TOMORROW!
Students in 4th thru 8th grade wrote and entered essays and you just might hear some of our student's names called as winners!
Rummage Sale is TOMORROW!
Background check authorization
IMPORTANT ELEMENTARY TRACK NOTICE
Participants need to be at the park by 9AM. Parents must stay. Thank you to Ms. Ferguson who has very kindly been supplying snacks to the students. She will be asking for a nominal donation. Please give it to her happily and with a big thank you.
We do need donations of gatorade and water for upcoming meetings. Service hours will be awarded. Please bring them to the school office.
Joseph C. Carter Park
1450 West Sunrise Blvd.
Updated School Calendar
How to Contact Us:
650 NE 135th St.
North Miami, Fl. 33161
School 305 893 0851
Church 305 893 0371
Sherri Mackey email@example.com
Marluys Sejba firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalia Escobar email@example.com
Soraya Trujillo firstname.lastname@example.org
Roslyn Noel email@example.com
Lisette Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie Innocent email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook: