Great Education in the 21st Century
Tolland Public School
Issues impacts Learners
Learning to Learn
* 2 main reasons for reconfiguring 21st century learning- economic and personal.
* economic- knowledge is changing fast-therefore we can't teach young people what they will need- therefore teach them to be nimble and learn whatever they need to.
* Personal- reaches the same argument.
* We need to create life-long learners by providing opportunities for students to recognise how to learn new things that will benefit them in everyday life. Developing their learnacy.
* When teachers encourage their students to talk more about the process of learning, their attitudes change and their achievements improve within a term.
*Most powerful source of learning is other people-specifically with the way we talk and act.
* Whilst learning the content of a subject we are helping students to gain confidence in asking questions, think carefully, to know when and how to make use of their intuition and imagination.
* Providing a high quality of life depends on competing in the gloabl economy on knowledge and innovation.
* Education equips young people with knowledge, understandnign, skills and values to face everyday challenges with confidence.
* Schools play a vital role in promoting the intellectual, physical, social, emotional, moral, spiritual and aesthetic development. Schools share this responsibility with all stake holders ( parentsm community etc)
* This doc. acknowledges major changes in the world that are placing demands on Aust. Education such as; global integration and internation mobility, growth of Asian nations and influencing the world, globalisations and technological changes and complex environmental, social and economic pressures such as climate change.
Read and Reflect Task
We at T.P.S are explicitly teaching the students specific values and attitudes such as building resilence, managing distractions, resourcefulness and perseverance. This is achieved by making direct references/examples of how these attributes are helpful in everyday life to create successful learners and achieve life-goals.
We incorperate our PBL into this by displaying, teaching, demonstrating and reflecting on our specific school values of respect, responsibility and care & cooperation at every opportunity.