National MS Society

Jonah Sperry

Get To Know NMSS

The founder of this organization is Sylvia Lawry, and was created March 11, 1946. She created it because her younger littler brother Bernard started having trouble balancing, and seeing correctly, all symptoms of M.S. Sylvia devoted her whole life to finding a cure for him and thousands of others. You can find the NMSS located in the U.S, UK, Canada, and Australia.

How They Help

83% of all their resources goes to research, and the other 17% goes to fundraising. While they don't do the research themselves, they fund lots of colleges like, Harvard, Yale, and John Hopkins University to do research on M.S to find cures and ways to prevent the disease.

People That Turned M.S Into A Positive

Goals

Goals Of National MS Society

Their main goals are to one find a cure, prevent it, and help people recover who have had it. They have spent over 900,000,000 dollars on research and 250,000,000 in just the past 5 years.

Resources

"Home." National Multiple Sclerosis Society. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 May 2016.