As we anticipate the start of the school year, we want you to know our staff is excited to be working with you and your child. We know there have been many questions involving remote versus in school instruction and we encourage you to view our districts web page at https://www.emsisd.com/domain/7428 were you can find information regarding both formats.
Every student will have a Wildcat Welcome for the first day of school this year, August 20th. All students will start the school year remotely and we will share videos in next week's S'more to allow students to see the face of each one of their teachers before the school year starts. Parents will be notified once schedules have been made and are ready to be viewed in Skyward. Students will have an opportunity to pick up a laptop from campus to help them start the year remote. Dates and time for laptop pick up are listed below.
For those returning to in-person learning on September 8th, there will be an orientation day. Students will be introduced to our Campus Safety Plan and spend significant time with one teacher and class to prepare for this school year. Upon arriving to campus, students will be greeted by staff members and assisted with locating their 7th period class listed on wall posters or found in Skyward. Students will be welcomed by their teacher and classmates where they will set up their 2020-21 Wayside planner, learn grade level and campus expectations such as transportation, dress code, discipline and attendance procedures. Each grade level will attend virtual grade level meetings where Campus Administrators will cover the Campus Safety plan. In the afternoon, students will locate each class and remain for a short welcome.
Laptop Distribution Information
All students can borrow a laptop from campus to help with their remote learning. To help with traffic flow and reducing the number of people picking up a laptop at any given time we ask that you follow the schedule below for pick up. There is no sign up needed prior to pick up.
- 8th Grade - August 12th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 7th Grade - August 13th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- 6th Grade - August 14th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- All Grades - August 17th from 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
To help with pick up please follow the following guidelines:
- All laptops will be picked up in the front of the school
- Please wear a face mask when coming up to the campus
- Students will need to log onto the laptop before they can take it home
- Student username is their ID number. Their password is first initial (capital), last initial, and birth date i.e. UN: 000111 PW: Jf041408
- Please allow for 5 - 7 minutes to get your laptop set up
- Once computer has logged on, student may take the laptop and a charger home.
Our bell schedule changed to four minute passing periods. Please click the link below to find the bell schedules.
This link provides lots of helpful information including transportation, nutrition and immunization information.
Overview of SSO, O365, and Canvas for Students and Families
This video is an overview of three of our main distance learning platforms – Single Sign-On, Office 365, and Canvas. Please click here to go to that video
Changes in Cafeteria
- According to district guidance, there will be no cash handling in the cafeteria. Students may bring a lunch or you can utilize the School Bucks system and put money in their lunch account. Click here for more details about the School Bucks System.
- Students are also encouraged to bring IDs from prior year (if within EMSISD), campus provided lunch card will also be provided until new IDs are made in September
- The front office will only accept lunch deliveries from a parent or guardian (not food delivery services), and all lunch deliveries are strongly discouraged at this time.
our time & resources will support the school, students, & teachers. Membership forms are available in the office or via the link. Please return completed forms to the front office, & your membership card(s) will be sent home with your student.
Progress Reports and Report Cards
John Fahey, Principal
Kayla Livingston, Assistant Principal (A-L)
Andrea Lasher, Assistant Principal (M-Z)