Windsor High School
Announcements - February 1, 2019
PTAC Meeting - Monday, February 4
2019 Spring Sports Registration!
Key Club Events
Donate online directly - http://site.wish.org/goto/Windsor2019
Wednesday, February 6 is restaurant night at Pelican Jo's Pizza in Water Valley. Order anything and mention "Make-A-Wish", so that 25% of the proceeds from the night can come to our cause. Call 970-686-7297 or go www.pelicanjospizzeria.com to order!
Congratulations to Matt Cooper - WHS PE Teacher!
WHS After Prom Committee
The WHS After Prom Committee is excited to announce that this year’s After Prom event will be held April 13th, at The Summit, after great reviews from last year!
As always, it takes a village of our wonderful parent-volunteers and contributors to help make this FREE, fun, safe, alcohol-free event a success! A big part of what makes this event successful are the great prizes, activities, and food.
All juniors and seniors, whether or not they attend Prom, are invited to participate in this event, along with their guest. In previous years, a multitude of prizes, including gift cards, scholarships, cash, and large prizes have been given away during After Prom. Thank you for your help in keeping this fun, prize-giving tradition!
If you are interested in ways to help, there are two ways:
We would love gift cards in any amount ($10, $25, etc.) for anything you think the kids would enjoy. (Of course, if you prefer, monetary donations are always welcome, too!)
Another great way to help is to get a King Soopers card from us. You preload it with money and then use it to buy your groceries - re-filling it as you go. 5% of the amounts loaded onto the card will go to After Prom with NO cost to you! If you are interested, please email, call, or text Betsy at: firstname.lastname@example.org 970-310-1592.
Please drop off your donation (or send with your student) to the WHS office in an envelope labelled “WHS After Prom” or mail to:
P.O. Box 462
Windsor, CO 80550
If you’re interested in helping us in-person that night, or if you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
2019 WHS After Prom Committee
Graduation Timeline for Seniors
- Friday, May 24 - Seniors meet with the administrators for a Senior BBQ at lunch for instructions about the graduation ceremony and to receive their caps and gowns. 2019 Graduating Class picture in cap and gown will follow the senior meeting.
- Friday, May 4 - Last day to get PLATO coursework completed in order to count towards graduation.
- Monday, June 3 - Senior Awards Night at 6:00 pm in the WHS auditorium.
- Monday, June 3 - Last School Day for Seniors.
- Wednesday, June 5 - All fines must be paid and all books must be returned in order to participate in the graduation ceremonies.
- Wednesday, June 5 - Baccalaureate Program at 7:00 pm in the WHS Auditorium - Sponsored by the Windsor Ministerial Association. For more information, please call Pastor Fred Evenson at (970) 686-7307, ext. 11.
- Friday, June 7 - MANDATORY graduation practice at 12:45 pm in the WHS auditorium. Any exceptions must be cleared with Mrs. Scallon ahead of time. Students who do not attend the practice and have not been excused by Mrs. Scallon will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Sunday, June 9 - Graduation Ceremony at 12:30 pm at The Events Center at the Ranch.
- Questions should be directed to Jenny Condell, Administrative Secretary by phone at 686-8111, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Reviews for Windsor High School
Hey everyone! Positive reviews from awesome parents like you help others to feel confident about our school too. Could you please take 60 seconds to go to these websites and share your positive experiences at Windsor High School? Thank you in advance for helping us out! ttps://goo.gl/UCEC8W
Vaping and E-cigarette Information
Safety at WHS
Are You Following Mrs. Scallon??...
Twitter - @Windsorprincipal
Instagram - Wizardprincipal
Get the latest and most up-to-date information!
Monday, February 4 - PTAC Meeting at 5:30 pm in the library
Wednesday, February 6 - 8th Grade Parent Night 5 pm in WHS Gym and Auditorium
Wednesday, February 13 - Student Success Center 3:30 - 5 pm in the library
Monday, February 18 - No school
Monday, February 25 - First day of spring sports
Thursday, February 28 - Innovate Showcase 5:30 - 7:30 pm at WHS
Monday, March 4 - Parent Teacher Conferences 4 - 7 pm
Wednesday, March 6 - Parent Teacher Conferences 4 - 7 pm
Friday, March 8 - No school
PTAC - Monday, March 11- PTAC Meeting at 5:30 pm in the library
Friday, March 29 - Last day of 3rd quarter
Monday, April 1 - Friday, April 5 - Spring Break
Monday, April 8 - No school, teachers report
Tuesday, April 9 - SAT testing for all Juniors
Thursday, April 11 - PSAT testing for Freshmen and Sophomores
Saturday, April 13 - Prom and After Prom