What Am I?
Standard(s) L.2.6, L.3.6, L.4.6, L.5.6, L.6.6: Acquire and use accurately grade-appropriate general academic and domain-specific words and phrases; gather vocabulary knowledge when considering a word or phrase important to comprehension or expression.
Objective: By the end of this activity, students will be able to accurately define and describe a set of vocabulary terms when given a quiz post activity.
2. Pair each student up.
3. Students take turns drawing from the stack of vocabulary cards (the cards are facing down in the middle).
4. The student who draws the card places it on their forehead (without looking at the card!).
5. The student who doesn't have the card describes/defines the card on their partners head without saying the word.
6. The student with the card guesses what word is on their head.
7. Repeat the game as many times as desired.
This works elementary grades 2 and up!
2. If the students have a hard time defining/describing the vocab word, have cards pre-made with the description on the other side of the vocab word. Have students work together to guess what the word on the other side of the card is.