The Buzz in Room 218!
Mrs. Crickenberger's Class-12/14/14
In reading many students are finishing up their historical fiction novels. They are continuing to have excellent discussions during reading groups and making great connections! Some reading groups have begun their biography reading and research assignment. This is an in class reading/research project that they will be completing independently on a person of their choice. I will be meeting with students to check their progress, reading, and research strategies. Just a reminder, they are welcome to get a biography from the school library, or they can get a book outside of school as well.
Next week, some students will begin going to Mrs. Dettmann for reading group. If your child starts going to Mrs. Dettmann for reading group, then he/she will not receive additional reading instruction from me. Each student will receive reading instruction from only one of us. Mrs. Dettmann's work will be in addition to regular literacy work such as word study, grammar, and writing.
Social Studies & Science
- December 17th: Science Unit Test
- December 18th: Science Project Due
- December 19th: Music Sing Along 10:40am-11:10am
- December 19th: Class Winter Celebration 12:00pm-1:00pm
- December 22nd-January 4th: Winter Break
- January 5th: First day back after break
- January 12th: Winter BEE classes begin
- January 13th: Healthy Snack Day
- January 16th: End of 2nd nine weeks