Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
October 23, 2020
Dear Inspire Families:
We are so grateful for you! As I connect with other school leaders in our county and beyond, I have seen how political divisions have led to a breakdown in conversations around safe school reopening. I continue to be amazed at the way that--despite differing beliefs and opinions--our school community has maintained a focus on science-based, student-centered solutions. With your honest feedback and helpful connections and resources, we have developed a school reopening plan that:
1) Allows for a slow reopening, waiting until after the holiday season to bring students back on campus on January 19
2) Builds in time for staff and teachers to train and prepare for a new instructional model and safety protocols
3) Creates choices for students to remain at home or return to campus and continue engaging with their peers and teachers
As we continue to work together (mostly from afar), our most effective strategy in supporting students is communication, communication, communication. We'll continue to reach out to you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Let us know how we can help, what's working, and how we can get better.
With gratitude and hope,
Inspire School Reopening Plan
Lifetouch will be opening their studio for senior portraits. Postcards will be sent to your address from Aeries with a pre-scheduled appointment time and date. If your address is different than that in Aeries, email Ms. Hawkins ASAP at email@example.com
- The days for portraits will be: November 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 18, 19, 21st.
- Hours will be Mon-Friday: 1:00-7:30 and Saturdays from 10:00-6:00.
- This will be your ONLY chance to be photographed for the yearbook so please keep your appointment.
- If you are unable to make your appointment and need to reschedule, please call 916-535-7797.
This is a year like no other, and our yearbook staff is working to document it all for you.
Be sure to buy your yearbook now, before prices go up!
From now to December 31 the book is $80, January 1-April 30 the book will be $85 and starting May 1 the book will be $90.
Payment plans are available now through December 31 to reserve the $80 price. Paying with credit card? CLICK HERE and enter school code 16210. Paying with cash or check? Fill out the order form and bring exact payment amount (not able to make change) to the front office during office hours. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Yearbook needs your help! We aren't on campus gathering pictures of classes and events like usual, so we need you to help submit photos of what school is like where you are!
Here are ways to participate:
- Use the app HJeShare (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Use hjeshare.com (school code 16210) to upload photos
- Email photos to email@example.com
- Tag photos with #2021InspireYBK on Instagram
- Answer questions asked on instagram @inspireyearbook
- Buy your book on yearbookordercenter.com (school code 16210)
Pictures we are looking for:
- Your student in their workspace, something your student made/changed/did during Distance Learning
- Their favorite quarantine hobby, your student with their pets, your student in their masks, your student doing "summery" things over break
- Your student with their favorite Starbucks or Dutch drink, your student & their favorite costumes, your student and the election (casting your ballot, registering to vote, working the polls), activities over break, your student as an activist,
- OR ANY OTHERS OF YOUR STUDENT THIS YEAR!!!
- We want the student in the picture!
- The brightest light should be behind you, the photographer, but avoid making your subjects squint into the sun. No need to zoom in, Just get closer. (Mask up!)
- Try for candids: avoid posed photos. Catch action, reaction and emotion. Pay attention to distracting things in the background, move around to avoid them or wait for people to pass.
- Please only send photos from June 2020-now!
Cozy Up This Fall Inspire Style!
Get your Inspire “i” Blanket, black plush fleece with a purple embroidered “i” TODAY!
Blankets have arrived and will be available the Monday after your purchase. Purchase online HERE!
Our goal is to raise money for the Inspire Dance Program. Due to the cancelling of so many dance opportunities and the lack of income to our program we decided to get creative! We need help supporting our dancers and future events, so we create a fundraiser that anyone and everyone can enjoy! Who doesn’t like to curl up in a warm cozy blanket?! With a minimum donation of $25 you will receive a blush, black, fleece blanket perfect to curl up in! Be cozy, connect on Zoom, and you can even give them as a gift in the nifty bag they comes in. We want to share the love and encourage you to support us, so we can continue to grow, create, and flourish while learning while dancing from home.
- $25 minimum donation (Comes with a clear storage bag) + $5 shipping and handling anywhere in the US. Contact us for international rates.
- If you purchase 4 blankets you will receive 2 free tickets to our next live dance event!
- After purchase, blankets can be picked up at the Inspire Office (the Monday after purchase) or shipped directly to your home for an additional fee.
Stonewall Alliance Center: Trans* Week
Next week is Trans* Week and Stonewall Alliance Center of Chico is offering training and workshops for the community which you can read about HERE.
*The asterisk on the word "Trans*" is added to use the term in its most inclusive sense: encompassing all whose gender identity is different than their sex-assigned-at-birth. This may include people who are transgender, non-binary, gender-queer, or a variety of other identities.
Neverland Ball Volunteers Needed!
Who you gonna call?
Call or email the office for an absence: (530) 891-3090 or
Call or email Ken Hardy for technology assistance: (530) 891-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or email your child's teacher by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
Call or email the Principal/Superintendent: (530) 230-7758 or email@example.com