By Ryan Nagao | Period 6 | 4/27/15
- The Musical Instrument Museum is a museum that contains over 8,000 musical instruments, and it is renowned internationally because of this
- Saint Michael and Saint Gudula Cathedral in Brussels began construction at the beginning of the 13th century. It took about 300 years to be made complete. It shows the style of architecture that was around during that time (Gothic)
- Mini-Europe in Brussels similar to Chinatown it has more than 350 mini versions of monuments across Europe. It was opened by Prince Philip in 1989. They are all outside, so they had to be built so that they could bear the weather. They provide descriptions of the landmarks, and they provide a small-scale sculpture of the landmarks
- They use the Euro (1USD->.92EUR)
- They are a federal parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy.
- Their current monarch is King Philippe, and their government is ruled by Prime Minister Elio Di Rupa
- They have a good economy, mainly industry and service
- They have a free enterprise (where independent businesses aren't regulated by the government, but can still compete for profit)
- Their main exports are cars, chemicals, and medicines
"1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
2.Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup.Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches)," (n.d., 1997)
Transportation and Lodging (The Trip)
Apr. 2015. <http://discoverer.prod.sirs.com/discoweb/disco/do/
"Belgium transportation: Trains, metro, buses and taxis in Belgium."
Expactica. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://www.expatica.com/
Central Intelligence Agency (U.S.). N.p.: n.p., n.d. The World Factbook. Web. 28
Apr. 2015. <https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
CultureGrams. N.p.: n.p., n.d. CultureGrams World Edition. Web. 28 Apr. 2015.
"Ghent Marriott Hotel." Marriott. Web. 3 May 2015.
"Grand-Place of Brussels." - City of Brussels. Web. 3 May 2015.
(n.d.). Retrieved April 28, 2015, from http://www.kirk.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=683
St Michael and St Gudula Cathedral, Brussels. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"True Belgian Waffles Recipe." Taste of Home. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.
World Book. N.p.: n.p., n.d. World Book Student. Web. 1 May 2015.
Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Student Resource Center
Junior. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://find.galegroup.com/srcx/
"ZOO Antwerp." ZOO Antwerp. Web. 3 May 2015.