Connect, Challenge, and Champion Every Child, Every Day!
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
"EVERYTHING CAN BE TAKEN AWAY BUT ONE THING: THE LAST OF THE HUMAN FREEDOMS - TO CHOOSE ONE'S ATTITUDE IN ANY GIVEN SET OF CIRCUMSTANCES, TO CHOOSE ONE'S OWN WAY"
Message from Superintendent Mueller
The following correspondence regarding an individual connected to two of our schools was sent last night, via our InTouch communication platform, to our Coronado Middle School and Silver Strand Elementary communities. Please be aware that we, as a public school district, are mandated to provide notification if we receive notice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that anyone connected to our schools has been confirmed of contracting the CoronaVirus (COVID-19). Some community members have requested additional information and specific details that we, per HIPAA, do not have the authority to share.
We understand that some of our parents did not receive the letter via the InTouch communication platform. In some cases, parents had selected the 'opt out per recipient' feature and in other instances, the system stated to us that the message was delivered to the email address on file but community members have let us know that it was not. We will reconcile parent contact information discrepancies between our various communication systems (InTouch, Smore, Text Messaging, etc.) and are investigating why some did not receive the message. In the meantime, all CUSD correspondences will be sent through all of the above named platforms. We apologize in advance if you receive multiple messages from us, but during these rapidly evolving times we want assurances that our shareholders are updated and informed on all relevant developments which impact our CUSD community.
We continue to receive questions regarding an anticipated date when our students may return to school; the short but truthful answer is we don't know. We simply do not have a definitive answer and to set an arbitrary return date would be a disservice to our community. In these uncertain and ever-evolving times it is our responsibility to plan for a variety of scenarios to ensure a successful transition back: a potential return in April, a potential return in May, or no return until fall 2020. We remain hopeful and optimistic that our students will return this spring, but need to set ourselves and our learners up for success. We will continue to send weekly newsletters to keep our shareholders informed on relevant CUSD / COVID-19 updates. In the absence of updates, please assume the status quo is the most current information we have regarding timelines for students to return.
I am so grateful for the dedicated staff, supportive community, and curious and insightful students we work alongside and serve in Coronado. While we cannot always control what happens, we can control how we respond. I encourage responding to the ever-changing challenges of COVID-19 with kindness, empathy, and humility.
Thank you for your patience and feedback as we navigate these uncharted waters together.
CUSD Provides Free Meals for ALL Coronado Residents 18 Years and Under!
Grab-and-Go Meal Service at Village Elementary and Silver Strand
Beginning April 6th - Every Monday (with the exception of 4/13 'holiday' - pick up 4/14)
Location: Multi-Purpose Rooms at VES (H Street) and Silver Strand Elementary
Distribution Time: 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Beginning on April 6th, all families with children 18 and under will be able to pick up free breakfast and lunch meals via curb-side pick-up. Each child will receive a bag that contains 5 days’ worth of meals for breakfast and lunch. Children are not required to be students of Coronado Unified School District. This is free for everyone regardless of (free/reduced/paid) meal status. Students who are receiving meals must be physically present at the time of pick up.
All meals will be distributed curb-side to decrease the risk of exposure. Only those in cars will be served meals, no walk ups or bicycles allowed in order to maintain social distancing. Meals may consist of packaged, refrigerated, and frozen items (heating instructions will be provided).
Distance Learning Update and Information will be Released this Friday, March 27th!
CLASS of 2020
Caught Being Awesome!
- Several CMS teachers were caught being awesome by a parent. Ms. Sailers, Mrs. Pittner, and Ms. Haley were caught being awesome for preparing work for the anticipated school closure. They ensured students who wished to continue school work has something meaningful to work on. This is another example of our teachers connecting, challenging, and being a champion for our students.
- CHS student submitted a Caught Being Awesome for Mrs. White stating “she is an awesome teacher!”.
Click here to recognize an employee or volunteer who goes above and beyond to make a difference. Those who are "caught" will receive a copy of the positive words that were shared about them and a "Caught Being Awesome" decal. Please take a minute or two to brighten someone else's day!
DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE ACCESS TO A DIGITAL DEVICE AT HOME?
- If you currently have a digital device, such as a desktop computer, laptop, Chromebook, iPad, Galaxy tablets and other Android-based devices that can connect to Chrome in your home available for your child's use, you DO NOT NEED to complete the form.
- If you need a device for your child, PLEASE COMPLETE the online form so that we can ensure devices are ready to pick up.
- If your child is serviced by an Individual Education Program (IEP) and has a designated assistive technology device per their IEP, PLEASE COMPLETE the online form, as well, so we can be sure the device is ready for pick-up.
- You MUST complete the above form to receive updated information regarding device pick-up times and location.
IMPORTANT RESOURCES THAT ARE AVAILABLE FROM INTERNET PROVIDERS
Internet Service Providers
You must live within their service area. Please check with these home Internet service providers to see if you qualify.
Spectrum - There are reports that Spectrum will provide some level of free access to low-income customers in their area. https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/spectrum-internet-assist
Cox Cable - They are offering low-cost internet service, Connect2Compete, free for 30 days including premium remote desktop support. https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/connect2compete.html
- Cox also partnered with PCs for People where families can purchase discounted refurbished computers. More information can be found here: https://cox.pcsrefurbished.com/
- Learn more in the “Learn from Home” toolkit for schools that includes a way to fast track students in need of a home internet connection and how to communicate with parents about Connect2Compete.