MJS Class of 2016
A Newsletter for All Things 8th Grade
Week of May 30, 2016
Pancake Breakfast! Thank you, parents!
Blue & White Day!
- Monday, May 30: Memorial Day, No School
- Tuesday, May 31: Full Day of School, Faculty Appreciation Lunch (Students do not need money, cancel CA Fresh) - Thank You Mrs. Foy for organizing!
- Wednesday, June 1: Full Day of School, Almost Alumni Lunch (Students do not need money, cancel CA Fresh)
Baccalaureate Mass- 5pm in the GYM - Recommended day to spend with family and friends celebrating your soon to be graduate. Attire - Girls - a dress/skirt and Boys nice pants and a button-down shirt or collared shirt (sweater/sports coat optional).
- Thursday, June 2: 8am Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal, dismissal at noon
- Friday, June 3: NO SCHOOL - Graduation -4pm GYM - (kids to arrive by 3pm) Reserved seating. Parking is available at the Sheraton, validation vouchers will be provided.
Party following at Annandale Golf Club - Thank you to Mrs. Freeark and Mrs. Link for organizing! - Try to keep extended family and friends to a minimum as this event was designed for the kids and parents to celebrate together.
FYI for first time parents - the girls tend have a change of clothes for the graduation party - remind them they will be on the lawn so shoes without a pointy heal are recommended. Boys wear their concert dress attire that they wore to Graduation.
You should have received your invitation in the mail which includes all the details for the tickets to the Graduation party.
Service Learning Showcase
Reach Out Assembly
Civil War Special Guest
Sports Awards- We Are the Champions!
The Wiz Video - Please Download from These Private Links
Thank you for a great year!
8th Grade Advisory Team
Lisa Byrne, Advisor, Play Director, and Co-Team Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Goethals, Advisor and Secondary School Liaison (email@example.com)
Juan Garcia, Advisor and Student Council Leader (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ruth Villarreal, Advisor and Athletics Director (email@example.com)