Friday, November 18th
The following information is from our 22/23 Student Handbook.
Indoor recess will be held on days of inclement weather or when the wind chill factor is below 25 degrees.
Pink is Stronger Than You Think!
Yearbook Help Needed!
THANK YOU PICKERINGTON FAMILIES!
Thank You Pickerington families!
We can't thank you enough Pickerington families for your support of the bond issue on Nov. 8! We are so pleased that 57% of voters supported the bond issue for our students, for more space for teaching and learning, and for the future of Pickerington Schools and the entire community as we faced unprecedented growth!
Now with your support, district leaders will begin working right away on implementing the district’s capital plan, which includes the proceeds from the $89.930 million bond issue, to:
- Build a new junior high school that can house up to 1,300 students
- Renovate all of Ridgeview Junior High to convert to a building holding separate kindergarten to fourth grade elementary and fifth to sixth grade middle schools; this creates an eighth elementary school that will house about 450 elementary students, and a fourth middle school that will house about 450 middle school students
- Add 24 additional classrooms at Central High School housing up to 650 students; upgrade the cafeteria, expanding capacity by 200 additional students; install secure entryways
- Add 18 additional classrooms to North High School housing up to 470 additional students; install secure entryways
- Renovate and upgrade multiple elementary schools to accommodate growth, making room for up to 375 additional students.
While it may take awhile for all of the construction to be completed, rest assured we will move forward as quickly as possible and will post updates on our progress, every step of the way. We are so #PLSDProud of the confidence you have demonstrated in the district at the polls, and we are ready and eager to do the work that will continue to make Pickerington Schools a destination district that is Educating for Tomorrow.
Our Week in Review
Follow the School Nurse!
The School Nurses are on Facebook and Twitter! Please follow them for important health tips and news about school health opportunities! On Twitter @PLSDNurses and on Facebook www.facebook.com/PLSDNurses
FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
Welcome to Heritage Elementary!
My name is Marni Dreher and I am the School Nurse at Heritage Elementary and Pickerington North H.S. I look forward to meeting your child and working with you. I wanted to make you aware of some kindergarten health requirements.
1. Immunization Record - The State of Ohio requires all Public-School children to have updated immunization records. Please see Ohio Immunization requirements:
2. Physician Report form - A current completed form, signed by a HealthCare Provider, dated from 08/19/21 to present, is due by August 1, 2022. The Physician Report form can be found here:
If you have not turned in your child's immunization record and physician report form upon enrollment, please email the forms to school nurse's email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have already turned the forms in upon enrollment, the information has been received and you do not need to send it again.
Health Concerns - please communicate your child's health concerns and medications, if needed, a health plan will be developed and shared with teacher(s).
Change of Clothes - During school hours your child may need to change their clothes due to a bladder/bowel accident and/or falling in water puddles and/or mud. If possible, place an extra set of clothes in their book bag to use.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns.