Weekly Update #18
January 18-22, 2016: Health and Wellness Week
When you see or hear about a colleague doing something new, exciting, innovative, or want to recognize them for going above and beyond, just click the link and share it with the staff.
Word of the Week - contradict
REMINDER: Each week we give six students a backpack with a gift certificate in it when they can tell us the word, what it means and use it correctly in a sentence.
Last Week's Winners: Lyndsey Knowles, Daniel Krause, Haley Nixon, Khristian Pina, Noah Valencia (innovate)
Two week's ago winners were: Amy Blancarte, Michael Choma, Deysha Espin, Gabriel Lopez, Mia Meza, and Nick Schmidt (construct)
Please take a minute to recognize these students if you have them in your class
Information and Updates
- It's finals week. Wednesday is a regular M-F bell schedule. Thursday and Friday are minimum days for students. They finish at 12:28. Teachers are expected to work their full day schedule.
- It's also our first Health and Wellness Week. This is tied to the Clinton Day of Action, which will occur on Sunday, Jan 24th at LQHS. We will have lunch activities on Tueday and Wednesday in the quad. Mrs. Herrera will send information for you to post in your rooms about the activities. I will provide more information about the Clinton Day of Action during our staff meeting.
- After seven (7) days at graduate school, I am a bit tired. I am also searching for ways to better manage my time. At this point in the year, we are all busy. As teachers, not only are you getting ready for finals, and the grading that goes along with that, grades must go into the computer and be uploaded. There is also preparation for the new semester... Of course, you have families and lives outside of work. I found this short bit about saving time. I embedded the link for you, and I added it to the shared google folder (Staff Information 2015/16). Please take a minute to look at it. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i7UKDy1ind49Sg8x5VmGz6qjWFf_LyFBT4pRyr8iA3A/edit#
- I am leaving the questioning blog information up, as it is extremely important that we all learn to ask the right questions of our students.
- Here is an interesting and short blog about teacher questioning. Please take a moment to read it: http://principalmkelly.blogspot.com/2015/12/5-simple-rules-of-teacher-questioning.html?m=1
Monday - No school
Wednesday - PTO Meeting in the Staff Lounge @ 6:30 p.m.
Thursday - Student Minimum Day: 12:28 dismissal
Friday - Student Minimum Day: 12:28 dismissal
Saturday - SAT - 500 Wing
Professional Development Time - Staff Meeting - in the New Gym
Schools First presentation
WASC - group activity
Housekeeping items: Spring Testing dates: PSAT, SBAC, AVID, Peer Mediation, Semester Change, Student ID cards, Lockdown Drill, Clintion Day of Action
Athletic Arena (Varsity Sports)
Tuesday - Boys Basketball @ Palm Desert @ 6:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball v Palm Desert @ 6:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer @ Palm Desert @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer v Palm Desert @ 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday -Girls Water Polo v Palm Desert @ 3:15 p.m.
Wrestling v Coachella Valley @ 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - Boys Basketball v Cathedral City @ 6:30 p.m.
Girls Basketball @ Cathedral City @ 6:30 p.m.
Boys Soccer v Cathedral City @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Soccer @ Cathedral City @ 5:00 p.m.
Girls Basketball v Shadow Hills @ 6:30 p.m.
Friday- Girls Water Polo v Cathedral City @ 3:15 p.m.