Support Casa Italiana and donate today to become a Member for the 2020-2011 Season!
Why support Casa Italiana?
New Memberships/Renewals: $100 for academic year (August-May)
Members receive many yearly benefits such as:
- Subscription to weekly email updates and news
- Special invitations to all Casa-sponsored programs, trips, and social events
- Discounts on select programs, including language & culture classes, cooking classes and the Italian Language and Arts Summer Camp for Children
- Translation services of unofficial documents
- Access to the Casa's Reading Room.
And most importantly, the knowledge that you are helping the Casa to continue its work of sharing the Italian language and culture with the Rochester Community. Your support is crucial for maintaining our quality programs and activities. Show your commitment to educating people of all ages about Italian culture, language, and literature by joining us.
Contact us to sign up or renew your membership today!!
Coast to Coast: from Palermo to Naples & the Amalfi Coast by boat, bus, and on foot!
Casa Italiana's next trip will be to the Amalfi Coast, Naples, Capri, and Sicily! The dates will be June 1st - June 15th (14 nights).
Join us this Friday, 8/28, at 6pm for our first informational meeting!
Zoom Link provided below:
Fall Italian Language & Culture Courses begin next week!!
Our Italian Language & Literature Courses will be offered online again through Zoom for the fall semester. Classes will begin the week of August 31st and finish the week of November 16th, running for a total of 12 weeks. We hope you will join us!
Click link below to visit our website for course information.
- To register, please email Casa Italiana at email@example.com for payment instructions.
- Cost: $228 for Casa members, $276 for non-members.
- After registration and prior to the start of classes, instructors will provide the Zoom links for the courses to all participants via email.
NEW Series: Quattro passi per l'Abruzzo
This fall we will be offering a new series of documentaries of the Abruzzo region hosted by our former exchange student, Giovanni Minicucci!
The first event will be held next Sunday, Sept. 6th, at 4:30pm.
This documentary will feature the following: Fossacesia, Abbazia San Giovanni In Venere, Costa dei Trabocchi, Ortona e il castello aragonese, Il cimitero canadese, Lanciano e la storia del miracolo, Chieti e Pescara.
Giovanni Minicucci is a graduate student in Italian Studies at Middlebury College (M.A.) and graduate student in Modern Languages and Literatures at Università Gabriele d'Annunzio di Chieti-Pescara (M.A.). He has a Bachelor of Arts in Linguistic Mediation and Intercultural Communication. Minicucci studied for two semesters at Nazareth College (NY) and he had multiple experiences in American and Canadian University: St John University (Queens), St Thomas University (Miami), Occidental College (Los Angeles) and Niagara College (Welland, Ontario). His interests are: languages, linguistic and American literature.
Presentation will be in English, with Q&A to follow.
Zoom Link provided below: