SUMMER REGISTRATION FORECAST
JUNE 29 - JULY 24, 2020
WELCOME TO THE GLC SUMMER REGISTRATION PROCESS MUSTANGS!
Welcome to Summer Registration 2020! It will look a little bit different than how we have done it in the past, but we still want to ensure that we have one-on-one time with each student and their families to discuss their future at Walnut High School and beyond.
Please be sure to follow these THREE steps below to ensure you have a smooth registration process with your GLC this summer!
STEP 1: Aeries Data Confirmation
Step 1: Complete Data Confirmation
- WHS will be utilizing your Aeries Parent Portal account to finalize registration documents. Through your AERIES Parent Portal account, you will be able to finalize parent/guardian information, emergency card information, and registration documents. The Aeries Parent Portal is now open for data confirmation and verification of continuing students in Walnut Valley Unified School District. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MEET WITH YOUR GLC IF DATA CONFIRMATION IS NOT COMPLETE. For additional clarification on the data confirmation process, please watch the video here.
Step 2: Virtual WEBEx GLC Meeting
Step 2: Virtual Meeting with your GLC
- WHS will start virtual registration meetings on June 29th. Your registration appointment will be held virtually through WebEx. We put together a short video on how to use WebEX, WebEx Tutorial Here. Your appointment will last about 20 minutes.
- Please go through the prepared slide deck presentation before your appointment, GLC Slide Deck Presentation. A slide deck is an interactive power point. Watch this short video on how to interact with the presentation, WATCH HERE.
Step 3: On Campus Item Pick Up & Purchases
Step 3: On Campus ASB ID | Textbook pickup
- Walnut High School students and families are welcome to come onto campus the day after their GLC appointment to pick up textbooks, and have an opportunity to purchase an ASB ID card, Yearbook, P.E. clothes, WHS apparel and WHS planner. Please bring a printed copy of the student(s) class schedule to receive textbooks.
- Date: June 30 - July 24 (closed July 3rd in observance of the Holiday)
Time: 7:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Library
Parking & Map
Visitor parking available in the STUDENT PARKING LOT. Enter through the E/F gate.
Social Distancing guidelines will be enforced at all times. Face masks are required. Security and staff will supervise the entire campus, and ensure all visitors wear a mask, and abide by the safety protocols recommended by the CDC and LA County. There will be no entry without face masks.
Please find our map below:
TUTORIALS & RESOURCES
NAVIGATING THROUGH THE GLC SLIDE DECK PRESENTATION BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
WebEX GLC Meeting Tutorial: How to Attend Your Virtual Meeting
GLC SUMMER Registration Appointments
9th GRADE (Class of 2024)
Nathan Newman (A – Li) email@example.com
Jenny Alegre (Lo – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
10th GRADE (Class of 2023)
Jennifer Tucker (A – Lim) email@example.com
Jeff Jacks (Lin – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
11th GRADE (Class of 2022)
Ken McDill (A - Li) email@example.com
Corolar Schultz (Lo – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
12th GRADE (Class of 2021)
Viviana Hoyos (A – Lo) email@example.com
Sonia Nunez (Lu – Z) firstname.lastname@example.org
ADP (Academic Design Program)
Elisabeth Everts email@example.com
Jennifer Peiten jLPeiten@wvusd.k12.ca.us
WHS GLC Model
The Grade Level Coordinator (GLC) program replaced the traditional counselor system at Walnut in 1984. The GLC model is a holistic approach to school counseling. The GLC's are supervised by the Assistant Principal and each has about 300 students they deal with on a regular basis.
- College Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Student Discipline
- 8th Grade Orientation
- Summer Registration
GLCs are also responsible for campus supervision and activities supervision. This makes them some of the best known people around. Walnut High credits the GLC program and each GLC with accomplishments such as a drop out rate of less than one percent, a graduation rate of over 98%, and an average daily attendance rate over 95%.
Please visit each grade level web page by clicking on the GLC team page HERE.
WEEK 1 REGISTRATION PARENT DONORS
NOTABLE FUTURE DATES (Dates & Times are Subject to Change)
Yearbook Pick Up : July 1 & 2
First Day of Summer School: June 8
Last Day of Summer School: July 16GLC Virtual Registration Begins: June 29
First Day of School: August 10
Last Day of School: May 27, 2021