Spring Book Fair
The Scholastic BOGO (Buy One, Get One) Book Fair is coming to our library. Thanks to Mrs. Sandra Hwang and Mrs. Toni Kasamoto, we are going to have a "Dino-Mite" Book Fair
May 6th-May 10th.
Monday-Wednesday 7:45 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Thursday 7:45 a.m.-1:25 p.m.
Friday 7:45 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
We need parent volunteers to help in the Book Fair any day and any time. Our busiest times are during morning recess 10:00-10:15 a.m. and lunchtime 11:45-12:45 p.m. If you would like to volunteer, just stop on by or visit our website and sign up to help.
| || |
Community Club President Carolyne Morris honors parent volunteer, Mrs. Sandra Hwang, for running all of our Fall and Spring Book Fairs for the past six years. Sadly, this will be her last year since she is moving on to Chaparral.
Book Fair eWallet
For our Spring Book Fair, we will be rolling out a new online feature called the eWallet.
It is a secure, cash-free way for your child to shop the Fair.
There is no charge to set up an eWallet. Simply create an account and authorize a spending limit to have funds immediately available for your child to choose the books they wish for. Your child won't have to bring money to school with eWallet.
Click on the link below to set up your child's eWallet.
P.B.I.S. Trait of the Month
Do What You Say You'll Do.
5th Grader, Felicia Lo, takes 1st Place!
Every year, the Walnut Valley Water District hosts a Poster Contest for all 3rd-5th graders, 6th-8th graders, and high school students in our district. Students create original works of art to promote water conservation. Out of hundreds of entries, Felicia took 1st place in the 5th grade category. Not only will she attend a recognition ceremony, but she also earned a class field trip and pizza party for her entire 5th grade class! Way to go!
If you haven't heard, Mike Trout, from the Los Angeles Angels gave Maple Hill a personalized Shout Out to kick off our Family Night Out on September 27th! Click the video above to watch. We have sold over 200 tickets! Tickets are still on sale. You can fill out an order form in the office. Can't wait to say "Hi" to our Maple Hill friend, Mike Trout! It's also Mike Trout Jersey Night. See you at the ballgame!
After School Mad Science
Spring Musical Showcase 6:00 p.m. in M.P.R.
- Performing: 5th grade during school choir, 5th grade band, and 4th/5th after school choir
- Family and Friends welcome to attend
Spring Musical Showcase 8:15 a.m. in M.P.R
- Performing: same students as above
- Family and Friends welcome to attend
Family Night Out at Chuck E. Cheese
- Bring the whole family for a night out of pizza and games. Chuck E. Cheese will donate up to 20% of the proceeds to Maple Hill.
- 3:00-9:00 p.m. @ the Chuck E. Cheese in Diamond Bar
Spring Book Fair (hours posted above)
Teacher Appreciation Week
5th graders take the CAST state test for Science
11:30 Dismissal for TK/Kindergarten-Testing
After School Mad Science, Last Day
- V.I.P Luncheon for top Hawk Walk earners
After School Student Council 2:30 p.m. "Goal Setting"
- 4th Grade Field Trip to Irvine
- 1st Grade Field Trip to Mt. Sac
- 2nd Grade "Salute to America" performance and Carnival for parents
- TK "Muffins for Mom"
- 5th Grade GATE STEM Class with Mrs. Ojeda
Primary (1st-3rd) Principal Awards (invites are mailed to parents)
School Wide Internal Lock Down Drill
- 5th Grade's "Vacation to Mars" Play
- School Tour at 8:30 a.m. for new or prospective families
- Pizza and D.J. Party at lunch for Top Earners of Hawk Walk
- 5th Grade GATE Robotics with Mrs. Cahalan-Casillas
- Hawk Shop After School
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Discovery Cube
- Library Closes for book checkout
- School Wide P.B.I.S Party "Snacks in Class"
- 5th Grade GATE Improve Class
- 4th Grade Principal Awards at 8:15 a.m. (parent invites mailed home)
- Parent Volunteer Recognition 7:30 a.m. in MPR (invitation will be sent home)
- Community Club Meeting 8:00 in MPR, all are welcome to attend
- After School Student Council Party 2:30-3:30
No School-Memorial Day Holiday
- 5th Grade Principal Awards (8:15 a.m) and 5th Grade Promotion (9:15 a.m.)
May 30th-LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
- Teachers vs. 5th Graders Kickball Game at 8:15 a.m.
- 5th Grade Good-Bye at the Gate 11:10 a.m. (parents invited to attend)
- Last Day of School! 11:30 Dismissal
- Report Cards go home
End-Of-Year Activities for 5th Grade
Fifth Grade Parents,
Our 5th Grade Parent Planning Committee has been working diligently on planning a week full of AMAZING activities for your 5th grade child. Please open the attached file to see what's in store for your child. We still need lots of parent volunteers to help, so come on out and spend some time with our 5th graders as they count down their last days at Maple Hill.
Community Club's Executive Board Members
At Maple Hill, we LOVE our parent volunteers! Our Community Club is one of the best and does a beautiful job of creating lasting memories for everyone at Maple Hill. We want to extend our sincerest thanks to Community Club members Mrs. Lisa Lin, school secretary, and Mrs. Tamica Avila, 2nd Vice President, for their year long service on Community Club and for serving our Community with such dedication and spirit.
Introducing your new Community Club Executive Board for 2019-2020:
President: Mrs. Natalie Johnson
1st Vice President: Mrs. Carolyne Morris
2nd Vice President: Mrs. Julie Lagos
Treasurer: Mrs. Nicole Smith
Secretary: Mrs. Louise Rasmussen
Thank you Mrs. Tamica Avila for your year of service! (Avila is pictured on far left)
Mrs. Julie Lagos (left) and Mrs. Louise Rasmussen (right)
Mrs. Carolyne Morris (left), Mrs. Natalie Johnson (middle), and Mrs. Lisa Lin (right). Mrs. Lisa Lin served our school well as our secretary. Thank you for all of your hard work!