Kerala Backwater India
Honeymoon Choices in God's Own Country, Kerala
Kerala Honeymoon Packages
Kerala, also known as God's Own Country, with its varied landscapes, ranging from beautiful beaches, spectacular hill stations, attractive backwaters to adventurous national parks, is a honeymooners' paradise. Whether you want to enjoy the bustling city life or retreat into seclusion surrounded by nature, Kerala offers it all. With its natural hideouts, emerald lagoons and lush green hills, Kerala is one of the most romantic destinations in India, making it an ideal place for honeymoon.
Here are some of the most romantic destinations in Kerala to choose from.
1. Alleppey - This backwater paradise, also known as the Venice of the East, is replete with emerald lagoons, tranquil lakes and thriving palm trees. Sail through the serene backwaters on a houseboat as you enjoy the unspoilt natural beauty of Kerala. A must-have experience for all romantics and nature lovers. The quaint houseboats offer a peaceful sanctuary away from the noise of cities and you can unwind completely right in the lap of backwaters of Kerala.
2. Munnar - Set at about 1600 m above sea level, this mesmerizing hill station is a romantic's dream. The beautiful tea plantations, forests, wildlife, flaura and fauna make traveling here a wholesome experience. Whether you are looking for a quiet retreat nestled among the hills or adventure in the Eravikulam National Park or some adrenalin pumping trekking, Munnar has it all and much more. This hill station is a must visit for all.
3. Kovalam - this beach city is ideal for those who want to enjoy the luxury of nature while being at the centre of city life at the same time. The unspoilt beaches of Kovalam are perfect for leisurely sun- baths, rejuvenating ayurvedic massages, beach games and other activities. The beautiful sunset against the vibrant sea is a sight to behold and adds to the romantic quotient of this lively city.
4. Wayanad - Comprising of lush green hills, beautiful valleys and adventure caves, Wayanad is a package of romance and adventure. Famous for some of the best hideaway retreats, Wayanad is a must-do destination for honeymooners who want to enjoy and relax in the lap of nature. The Eddakal Caves, the Chembra peak and the tranquil lakes offer various recreational and adventurous activities for those looking for some action. It is also home to some of the best nature resorts in the country.
5. Thekkady - India's largest wildlife sanctuary is resplendent with diverse wildlife, beautiful flaura and fauna and is the sole Tiger Reserve of India. The spectacular sanctuary is spread over an area of 777 sq.kms and is surrounded by an artificial lake over an area of 25sq.kms. Thekkady is an ideal romantic destination for those who want to venture into the magic of untamed nature and the wild.
Pick one or pick all of these destinations for your dream honeymoon. You can choose from a variety of options under Kerala Honeymoon Packages or create a customized one. For more information on packages and offers, please visit --- www.keralabackwater.com