WDMS MARCH NEWS
Important March Dates
3/4: Quarter 3 interims distributed
3/5: Cohort B & C in person
3/8: Survey sent to parents to select Quarter 4 cohort
3/10: Deadline to submit parent survey for Quarter 4 cohort selection
3/11: No PM help sessions due to teacher in-service
3/12: School Closed for Students (in-service day)
3/19: Cohort A & C in person
3/22: Make-Up Picture Day - Cohort A/C & D (see below for details)
3/23: Make-Up Picture Day - Cohort B/C & D (see below for details)
3/26: Cohort B & C in person
3/28: Gertrude Hawk Virtual Fundraiser ends
4/1: Quarter 3 ends
4/2-4/11: SPRING BREAK
4/12: Phase III Full-Day Hybrid instruction begins
WDMS welcomes a new School Counselor!
This week, we welcomed School Counselor, Mr. Tom Jakubowski, to our WDMS family. Mr. Jakubowski will be working with 5th-grade students for the remainder of this year.
Please see a letter from Mr. Jakubowski below:
Dear Fifth Grade Parents/Guardians,
My name is Mr. Tom Jakubowski and I am the new 5th Grade School Counselor at West Deptford Middle School. The School Counselor plays an important role in the school setting and in a student’s educational experience.
As your child's counselor, my goal is to support and foster his/her academic and social/emotional well-being in order to become a more productive and successful student. I will advocate for your child and also be the liaison between parents and teachers. I work with students individually, in small groups, as well as in the classroom.
I am excited to be part of the WDMS family. I attended Long Island University-Brooklyn where I received my undergraduate degree and then moved on to obtain my Master's Degree from Monmouth University in Educational Counseling. I am also an alumnus of the West Deptford School District and will be serving as the WDHS assistant varsity baseball coach this upcoming spring season.
I look forward to getting to know and working with your child through the end of the school year. I hope they enjoy working with their teacher every day as much as I will. Please know that I will be an outlet for them at all times.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you should have any questions. I am here to help in any way that I can. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Jakubowski to WDMS!
GERTRUDE HAWK CANDY-VIRTUAL FUNDRAISER
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
Our WDMS PTO is hosting a Scholastic Virtual Book Fair! Please see details below:
- The online fair will run from 3/19/21 - 4/1/21. Free shipping to home will be offered on orders of $25 or more.
- Ewallet will still be offered giving students a chance to still shop on their own. Funds can be added to ewallets beginning 2/26/21.
- This year, teachers are able to create ewallets for themselves and parents can add funds. This is in place of a traditional wishlist at an in-person fair.
- Click HERE for the WDMS Book Fair!
WDMS MAKE-UP Picture Day!
WDMS school Make-Up pictures are scheduled for Monday, March 22nd and Tuesday, March 23rd. Make-up picture day is for any student who was unable to have their picture day on one of the two February days OR any student that would like their picture retaken. The pictures will be taken in the WDMS Cafeteria. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, March 22nd:
- Cohort A: during in-person school hours from 7:55 am - 11:55 am
- Cohort C: during in-person school hours from 7:55 am - 11:55 am
- Cohort D: students with last names starting with A-K 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday, March 23rd:
- Cohort B: during in-person school hours from 7:55 am - 11:55 am
- Cohort C: during in-person school hours from 7:55 am - 11:55 am
- Cohort D: students with last names starting with L-Z 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
To order pictures you can:
PRE-PURCHASE: You may order online at mylifetouch.com using our Picture Day ID: EVT8GCVRX
ORDER FORM: Parents of Cohort A, B, or C may print THIS FORM to send in with your child on picture day.
Parents of Cohort D students can also fill out a form to order pictures when coming in to take them.
Below is some additional important information:
- If you don’t want to order photos, we still would like students’ photos taken to be featured in this year’s Yearbook.
- Photo packages will arrive at WDMS 2-7 weeks after picture day. Cohort D families will be contacted to arrange for pick-up.
- Pictures will be “no contact” this year. Students will be standing for their individual photo, and no group shots will be taken.
- Unlike prior years, there will not be Fall Pictures and Spring Pictures. These will be the only pictures taken for this school year.
When coming into the building, Cohort D students:
- Can (but don’t have to) be accompanied by 1 adult.
- The QR screener must be completed for each person entering the building by use a cell phone prior to entering the entrance in the front of the building.
- Please wear a mask when coming into the building and maintain social distance.
If you have any questions about school pictures, please contact Kate Donocoff via email: email@example.com.
Not Taking a School Photo?
We've teamed up with Balfour to provide an easy way to submit your portrait for inclusion in the yearbook.
If your student had your picture taken in school, you do not need to do this.
Please check your email for your Personal Upload Link to upload your child's photo. If you need assistance, please contact Jill Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Whose portrait photo do we need?
If you did not get your picture taken in school we need your portrait photo. This easy tool helps you upload, crop and submit a picture of your students directly to the yearbook staff. Your portrait will appear in the grade section of the 2021 yearbook.
What tips should I consider before submitting my portrait?
We're looking for a simple, classic headshot image of your student. The best photos are those with neutral, simple backgrounds with space above the head and shoulders for ample cropping. Ideal images are those taken in a vertical manner with no other people in the photo. Be sure your photo meets all school dress code guidelines for inclusion in the book.
P.S. - We put together this handy guide to walk through the steps for submitting your student's photo.
What better way to salute our WDMS Teachers than to submit a Staff Shout-Out! We hope to recognize staff weekly!
WDMS Athletic UPDATES
Spring Track & Field
WDMS Spring Track and Field is open to eligible 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Please see important dates below:
- March 22nd: Sports physical forms due
- April 1st: Season begins
- April 20th: First meet
- May 18th: Final meet
- May 26th: Deadline for uniform return
*COMPLETED ATHLETIC PHYSICALS CAN BE PLACED IN THE LOCKBOX ATTACHED TO THE FRONT OF OUR BUILDING