- I choose this element because I like neon colours so I thought it might give me more information about neon colours.
- Neon got its name from the Greek 'neos', meaning new.
- Neon matches its abbreviations because the first two letters on neon is Ne
- Neon was discovered in 1898 by Sir William Ramsay and M.W. Travers.
- when at room temperature neon is a gas.
- the melting point of neon -248.57 oC, 24.53 K
- boiling point -246.0 oC, 27.1 K
· neon is the fifth most abundant element in the universe.
· Neon forms in stars with a mass of eight or more Earth suns.