What We're Learning
We are continuing unit 5.
We will continue to provide support and activities in letter and sound recognition.
Sight Word List: we, you, from, am, a, are, can, do, for, go, he, have, here, I, is, it, to, like, little, my, me, of, see, the, were, where, said, play, run, up, they, not, was, of, and, all, they, that, this, than, was, as, with, be, saw, our, good
Digraphs: ch sh th wh ph gn wr
A great way to start communication with your child is to ask:
What is your favorite story? Why should we read it again?
What is a teen number? What number comes between, before and after a given number?
What ways do you need help with at school?
Who can you do if you are angry?
Math (Unit 10) Continuing Composing and Decomposing numbers 11-19. Here is a great song to practice at home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uedvwH6Ay18
Science- What is a green house? What does it do?
Social Studies- Self Care- Dental health
- Parent/Teacher Conferences will be on Tuesday, March 14 and Wed. March 15th. Both days will be 8-9am and 4:30-6:45pm. Please allow up to 10 minutes for the meeting.
- FIELD TRIP! We are going to see Sleeping Beauty at Metro High School. Mar. 7, 2023.
- SPRING BREAK is March 17-24. Student return on Monday, March 26.
- If your child plans to eat breakfast at school, please arrive between 8:40-9am.
- We begin our reading groups at 9:10 AM. Students that are late often miss out on reviewing past skills and the introduction of new skills.
- Please check your child's folder weekly. Take out all student work.
- Students who have followed the PBIS rules of respect (being kind to others), responsibility (finishing their work), self-control (safe hands and feet) and safety (walking in the hall, classroom and restroom) will have a stamp on their hand. If your child doesn't have a stamp on their hand, please ask them why.
- Plenty of children are falling asleep in class. Children at this age need about 10 hours of sleep each night.
If you have any questions regarding bus transportation, please call (314)449-9162.
- If your child will be absent, please call the office at 314-481-0420 so that the absence is excused.
- If your child will be going home a different way than usual, you need to call the school or leave a message with the teacher in ClassDojo before 3:45 PM.
- When students are absent, missed work will be placed in their folder. They can complete it at home. It does not need to be returned.
We need boxes of tissue. Please consider donating at least 1 box of tissue to our class. We are almost out. Thanks.