Week of February 6, 2023
"Our vision is to be a district where innovation thrives and growth is limitless"
"At Turner PK Academy, we are going from CRAYONS to CAREERS!"
Greetings Families! It has been a joy to see the students these past two weeks. It has been
exciting to see how students are showing growth according to CLI testing. I am so thankful for a staff that is invested in helping each child learn and grow. I am also proud of our students for
their hard work and for doing their best in all they are doing.
- February 8 - Spring Pictures and Class Pictures
- February 9 - Turner PK PTO Valentine's Dance
- February 10 - Robles, Herod, Stracener, Powell Music Program
- February 14 - Valentine's Day Parties (more information to come from your child's teacher)
- February 15 - Student transportation vehicle due to campus
- February 15 - Early Release for Students at 11:40 AM
- February 17 - Transportation Day Parade
- February 18 - STEAM EXPO
- February 21 - Turner PK PTO Spirit Night at Chipotle Mexican Grill
1st Annual Transportation Parade
Dear Turner Parents,
In the next few weeks we will be learning about different forms of transportation and the way things move. To explore this unit, we will have our 1st Annual Transportation Parade on Friday, February 17th at 9:15 a.m.
DIRECTIONS: Please help your child make a vehicle (for example: a car, truck, bus, airplane, motorcycle, van, boat, or train) out of a big cardboard box or a shoe box.They can wear the box or they can carry it. If you need an example please use the link provided or search youtube for “Kindergarten Transportation Parade 2018” from Community Outreach Academy Elementary School.
Your child MUST be able to carry this by themselves. It should be lightweight so it can be carried or rest on your child’s shoulders by way of straps or suspenders. The students enjoy walking during the parade to show off their vehicle. Parents will not be allowed to help carry their vehicle.
Students and families are encouraged to work together on their vehicle using colors, paper, markers, paint, glue, staples or any other materials needed.
Please send your child’s vehicle to school no later than Wednesday, February 15th.
Parents and commmunity are invited to watch the Transportation Parade at 9:15.
Free & Reduced Lunch
Reminder: Free meals for all students have ended, and student meal rates are back in place this year. Free and reduced meal benefits are still available for families who qualify. If you believe your family may qualify for these benefits, please fill out the online application as soon as possible. If you need assistance, a paper form, or have any questions about the free and reduced meal benefits, please contact WISD Student Nutrition Services at 972-923-4630.
If you are coming for lunch with your child, no need to pre-register, we will sign you in when you arrive. When eating lunch with your child, you will only be allowed to eat with your child/grandchild.
Arrival & Dismissal
Flow of Traffic and Entry Points
Please be sure to use the crosswalk when parking to come into the school.
- Do not cross in-between buses loading and unloading kids at the curb
- Do not drive up next to a bus
- Stop your vehicle when you see a bus loading or unloading students
All student car riders should be dropped off at our Eubanks St. circle drive.
Parents must get out of their car and walk in to sign in your student. Your child will be marked tardy after 7:50.
Students must be checked out before 2:30 PM.
Car riders are picked up using the Eubanks St. Circle drive (front of the building).
ECSE Bus Riders, Daycare, & ECSE car riders are picked up using the N. Getzendaner St, circle drive (the Lil Chiefs Daycare drive).
You will need to park and come inside to pick up your student. Be sure you have your license or car tag.
- A car seat/booster seat is required to pick up all students at Turner PK Academy.
- Do not get out of your car when going through the car rider pick up line. A staff member will put your student in the car.
- Please begin teaching your students how to secure themselves in their car seat/booster seat. If you need to secure them, you can pull up to the front of the circle, get out, secure your student, then leave the circle drive.
- Click here for Arrival/Dismissal Procedures for Car riders.
School Hours, Lunch, and Office Procedures
Instruction Begins- 7:50 AM
Tardy- 7:50 AM
Parents may come and eat with their students during lunch. Please have your drivers license or form of ID with you so we can scan it and give you a visitor sticker.
The office will be closed daily from 2:30-3:00. During this time the students are getting ready for dismissal and there is a lot of movement around the building. If you are needing to check your student out early, please do so before 2:30.
Dismissal Bell- 3:00 PM
After 3:15 PM- You will be required to park and walk up to the front door. Don't forget to bring your car tag or ID.