FACEtime Newsletter, Home Edition 10/21/2020
Workshop Highlight: Could It Be Grief? Why Are We Feeling This Way?
Grief is a normal response to loss, change, and transition. Typically expected after the death of a loved one, grief can be a surprise when it shows up at other times. Join us for this presentation from Gilchrist about balancing the necessary grief process while taking care of day-to-day life.
All BCPS Parents/Caregivers are invited to attend.
Two dates are being offered:
- Monday, November 9, 2020 - 11:00 AM
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 7:00 PM.
Register Today! Want to see what other workshops Parent U is offering? Check our Schedule of Events!
Conflict Resolution in the Time of Virtual Learning and Telework
As some schools make the decision to resume remote learning in the fall and people continue to telework to stay safe during the pandemic, many are finding themselves spending more time in the home with their loved ones. While all this time together may often strengthen relationships, sometimes tensions and disharmony occur. Learning to handle these stressful situations in healthy and productive ways can sometimes be difficult. Read more...
More articles from the Baltimore County Public Library Blog Between the Covers can be found here.
Common Sense Media
Games For Learning - Place Value
Special Education Resource Center Needs You!
The Special Education Resource Center is actively seeking PTA Special Education Liaisons. Help us stay connected to your school community!
A Special Education Liaison:
- is a parent who has a child with an IEP or 504 Plan.
- works closely with the PTA and school staff to be a resource in the school community regarding the needs of children with disabilities.
- is a valuable position that modles the importance of advocacy and the positive impact it has on the school and community.
- must be a PTA member is good standing and be approved by the school team.
For more information or to join their newsletter list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Youth Town Hall: Engaging Through and Beyond COVID-19
On this town hall, youth will discuss:
• How youth (primarily in high school) are feeling about their schooling situation (virtual, in-person, and hybrid);
• Challenges youth and schools are experiencing and innovations they are driving; and
• Suggestions to better support youth and youth-adult partnerships.