Arabic 1 Friday 9/16 يوم الجمعة
Happy Friday - Great Culture Cafe Last Night!
What an Awesome Culture Cafe We Had Last Night!!
شكراً for all the STARS that attended. Please check your coaching session grade for your extra credit after I receive your email in my inbox in Canvas! ممتاز يا شباب
This is the article we shared with you in the Culture Cafe. You can find it in ACTFL Magazine!
Did you miss our 1st Arabic Culture Cafe? CLICK to WATCH the video that we watched about the 1st piece of music dates 3000 years ago and found in Ugarait, Syria!
What Assignments are Due by Sunday 9/18?
** Don't forget to explore all practice modes (test, race, scatter, flashcards, speller etc..)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISSED YOUR COACHING SESSION?
If you absolutely have to miss a language coaching session, please send a message to your coach ahead of time, so they won't be waiting for you! THEN:
- Check out this "Coaching Schedule" link or go to the course home screen under Language Coaching Icon, and see if there is a time/day that works for you, perhaps with another coach.
- Let that coach know (via Canvas message or in the session) that you're making up a session.
- In order to be counted present, please let your main coach know what coach and what time you attended via e-mail inside Canvas (please copy me, your teacher).
OR METHOD 2:*** (You are allowed this method TWICE a semester for emergency)***
- Listen to your coach's archived session that you missed (your coach will share a doc of all archived sessions).
- Listen to the entire archive. Then, E-MAIL your coach (copy your teacher) with the date and time of the archived session and a brief summery of the content of the session.
- Your coach will go back to the attendance sheet to change the status and I will give you credit for having attended a coaching session once I see you have accessed & listened to the archive.
**Method 2: You will not receive full credit for using method 2. You will have points taken off due to the fact that you are not participating during that session. All you are doing is listening, and not participating therefore points will be deducted. The highest grade you can get using method 2 is 80% Remember: language coaching will help you improve your speaking ability in Arabic!! It is a great place to practice, participate, and meet other students from your class! It is also a BIG part of your grade!!
If you are curious and anxious to get started to learn the Arabic letters, then click on the link HERE. My kids LOVE this game. My 6 year old Son's favorite letter is "Alif" which looks exactly like number one in English.