September 15-19, 2014
THIS WEEK AT THE CREEK...
Sept 15th: PLC Meeting in the Library 3:15-4:30pm
Sept 16th: Information Literacy Modules 1-3 Support in the Library 3:15-4:30pm (Sign up in Eduphoria!)
Sept 17th: 5th Grade Planning Day in the TV Room
Sept 17th: Book Fair Set Up in Library
Sept 18th: DCE to Host "Book Fair Workshop" for district librarians
Sept 18th: R Time Training in the Library 3:15-4:30pm (Sign up in Eduphoria!)
Sept 19th: Book Fair Opens!
I've Got This Counting Down!
Learners in Mrs. Garcia's class sequencing numbers to 20.
Learners in Mrs. Cracknell's class investigating shapes and their attributes.
Sight Words with No Paper!
Learners in Mrs. Curry's class practicing their sight words and having fun!
1. When a new student enrolls at DCE, their cumulative folder will be put in your box with a "Look at Me" paper on front. Please review the information inside, initial that you've seen, and pass on to the next person. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THE FOLDER FROM THE OFFICE AREA.
2. Remind any parent who wants to volunteer at the school (including Friday readers), that a Background Check MUST be completed AND CLEARED BEFORE they can help! If you will give Margareta the name of your volunteer before they come, she can check their status and let you know if they are cleared. Background Checks could take up to 2 weeks to be completed.
3. Thank you to everyone who has already completed their Educator Evaluation Self-Evaluation. If you have not done so yet, please be sure you have it completed and submitted at least 3 days before your scheduled Goal Setting Conference. If you have any questions at all, please come ask Tricia or me.
4. All BOY data is due in AWARE by September 24th. Please let us know if you are having any trouble entering your data.
5. Don't forget to watch the required videos for Barbara on Sexual Abuse Prevention and Recognition of Maltreatment of Children and Child Abuse Reporting. The deadline for these videos is Sept. 26th.
6. Don't forget to take your class list and red and green cards when you exit the building during evacuation drills. Doors should be locked during Lock Down Drills as well.
10th: Lamar Benfield
15th: Peggy Gormley
21st: Chela Leon
21st: Collett Skaggs
1. Celebrate Nancy for the warm welcome she gives all the learners who walk into the gym each day! Thanks for starting their day off with a smile and a hug! Nancy you are rockin' the Magic Triad!!
2. Celebrate 4th Grade for the outstanding learner work displayed upstairs! You can tell they had voice and choice and gave their best efforts! Way to go 4th Grade!
3. Celebrate Kim for being so flexible with the PTO Board meeting in the library this week! We had a TON of DCE parents attend the meeting and Kim's flexibility was greatly appreciated!
4. Celebrate Lisa E. and Judy for all their help this week with the buses! Our kiddos are in good hands with them!
5. Celebrate EVERYONE for working so hard to reinforce the school wide expectations and helping it be meaningful for your learners!!
6. Celebrate EVERYONE for being so patient on Thursday while we waiting for Dr. Waldrip! You all are THE BEST!!