December 10, 2017
"Believe in the Magic of Kindness, Be the Kindness" - BJH Student Council
Upcoming This Week and the Month of December:
Toys for Tots donations - December 4 - December 15th
(see classroom teacher for details)
Brock online athletic gear store now open. Click here for details. Closes December 15th.
Monday, December 11th
- 5th grade recorders due for Music
- Eagles basketball vs Cisco 4:30
- Lady Eagles basketball at Cisco 4:30
- School Board Meeting
Tuesday, December 12th
- UIL Meet 6th, 7th, 8th at Tolar (click here for details about meet)
Thursday, December 14th
- Brock vs Kemp State Semi-final game 7:00 p.m. AT&T Stadium Arlington, TX
Friday, December 15th
- Hats, Shorts & Leggings Day $2.00 - benefits families in need at Christmas
- Texas Snowball Fight during Eagle Period (details click here)
- Toys for Tots drop off
Monday, December 18th - Thursday, December 22nd Christmas Spirit Week
Monday, December 18th
- Christmas Pajama Day
- Lady Eagles Basketball vs Breckenridge 4:30
- Eagles Basketball at Breckenridge 5:00
Tuesday, December 19th
- Christmas Sock Day
Wednesday, December 20th
- Christmas Hat Day
- 7th-period Semester exam (see exam schedule below)
Thursday, December 21st
- Ugly Christmas Day
- Early Release 12:00
- Semester Exams - 1st, 2nd, 3rd period (see exam schedule below)
Friday, December 22nd
- Plaid/Flannel Christmas Family Picture Day
- Early Release 12:00
- Semester Exams- 4th, 5th, 6th period (see exam schedule below)
- End 3rd Six Weeks
UIL: Congrats to the Brock ISD Elementary UIL Team as they competed on Tuesday and are District Champions! Way to go!! Awesome job everyone! This Tuesday, BJH will compete in Tolar. Good luck to everyone!!
The BJH Theater class put on an amazing performance of the play BOX this week. Thank you to Mrs. Judd and the students for an outstanding job!
The Brock Band showcased their talents at the Christmas Concert this past Thursday. It was an outstanding performance and exciting to see the things ahead for the Brock Band.
Happenings in Brock: WorldCrafts Market, Saturday, Dec 9th, 1-4 pm, Brock Baptist Church. Gifts from artisans around the globe!! See attached flyer.
Online Brock Community Athletic Apparel Store Available: If you missed out on the chance to purchase some Brock Gear during the first window, we have opened it up again. Please click here for more information regarding the Brock Online Community Apparel store. Store closes on December 15th.
Brock PTC Fundraiser, January 24th: Come watch the Wizards take on Brock ISD Staff - tickets are $10.00 - $30.00. Seating time starts at 6:00 p.m. & game time is at 7:00 p.m. (more information to come)
Summer Reading Books: If you have books from this summer's reading that you no longer want to store, please feel free to donate those to the library. Questions about other possible book donations can be directed to Angela Grimm - email@example.com.
BJH Semester Exam Schedule
Christmas Break December 25 - January 8th
Classes resume Tuesday, January 9, 2018
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. This outdoor learning center will allow for all levels of students to engage in agricultural practices on a small scale, learning about the responsibilities and impacts of land cultivation. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Please direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.