WOMS Wolverine Newsletter
November 15, 2022
Mark Your Calendars
November 18 - Spirit Day - Chill Day and PJ Day!
November 21-22 - Student-led Conferences (through Advisory)
December 8 - Band Concert at 7:00 PM at Barlow HS
December 13 - PTC meeting at 6:30 PM
Pajama Day Expectations
Pajama Day Expectations
Pajama Day will be on our school’s Chill day on November 18th.
All school dress code expectations will still apply on Pajama Day. Please make sure that pajamas are school appropriate.
Additionally, students should refrain from bringing pillows, blankets or stuffed animals on that day. Please leave these items at home.
If slippers are worn, they should have a solid sole, not soft sole.
Parent Teacher Conferences
November 21 - 22
Update: Advisory Teachers are handling their own conference sign ups. If you have a question regarding your student's conference, please reach out to the Advisory teacher.
Parent Teacher Conferences are just around the corner and your student's Advisory teacher will be sending out a Parent Square sign up post on Wednesday, October 26th after school. Conferences will be student-led and can be done in-person or virtually. Conference times are first come, first served so everyone is encouraged to sign up early! If you have any questions, please reach out to the Advisory teacher or call the main office.
2021-22 State Test Scores Now Available
Families can access the online state test score reports for their students by following the instructions linked below. The document below has instructions in both English and Spanish.
Student Health Survey Coming in Soon
6th and 8th Grade
Student Health Survey: This is a reminder that the student health survey will open following the Thanksgiving Break. If you do not want to have your student participate, please return the opt out form that will be sent out by the 6th and 8th grade teacher who will be administering the survey. Please watch for a Parent Square post for more information.
Schedule will be released soon and posted on our website. First games on Thursday, December 1st - 7th grade starts at 4:30 PM and 8th grade starts at 5:40 PM.
Holiday Food Boxes
West Orient Book Fair
November 28 - December 2
We are looking for parent volunteers to support during the book fair. Please watch for a Parent Square post with dates/times to sign up!
More information can be found by following the link below:
Sign ups have begun
It’s that time of year to get your student up to date with their Required Immunizations for the 2022-2023 school year! Exclusion day is February 15th, 2023.
You can email your updated immunization records to Tamara Cochran at email@example.com. Feel free to contact the office for any questions at (503) 663-3323.
Yearbooks for 2022-23
You can pre-order a Yearbook for the 2022-2023 school year! It's a great way to capture the memories from the year. The cost is $15.00 and students will receive them on the last week of school!
Yearbook ID Code: 9883123
Get yours today! The deadline to pre-order is April 26th, 2023.
Contact the office at (503)663-3323 for any questions.
A few reminders for families
- The rainy season has begun. We try our best to have recess outside whenever possible. Please be sure to send your student to school with a jacket or sweatshirt to help keep them warm and dry.
- We will be sending home an 'at home' Covid test kit with each student free of charge.
- If your student has medication needs during the school day, an adult is required to bring in the medication in the original container. Students may not transport medication themselves.
- If your student plans to ride home on a different bus, please send a note with your student. The note must be turned in at the front office for approval at the beginning of the day.
- Please make sure your student has money deposited in their lunch account. Free and reduced applications are available online or in our office. Breakfast is free for all students.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottle to school each day.