Monthly Newsletter for Child Nutrition Administrators
I Received Funds; Who Sent Them?
LISTEN TO THE LATEST NEWS
This year, the Verification Report is due on November 23. Find the complete timeline here. Grab verification resources here.
NEW! FSMC Contract Review Form
TDA has made some changes to the onsite monitoring form required quarterly for CEs that contract with an FSMC. Find the latest version here.
FSMC New Contract and Renewal Submission Process Training
TDA is conducting training for FSMC contracts for school districts on October 18, from 1:00-3:00 p.m., and October 20, from 10:00 a.m. to noon. The training includes a live Q&A. Register for one or the other by clicking the dates above.
P-EBT Administrative Cost
Allowable reimbursable costs under this grant include:
- Limited Salaries of Personnel: Limited salaries not paid for through a federal grant to administer P-EBT
Examples include staff time processing applications used solely for P-EBT eligibility, providing data for P-EBT purposes, or providing technical assistance to families on P-EBT.
A budget transfer must be completed for expenses typically paid out of the school food service account, such as partial salaries.
- Systems: Cost for computer software systems specifically designed to support P-EBT activities
- Equipment: Equipment such as business equipment and furniture used to implement P-EBT activities
- Support services/contracts: Contracted services used to implement P-EBT activities, such as outreach and eligibility services
- Supplies: Supplies such as office supplies and paper used to implement P-EBT activities
- Indirect Costs: Indirect costs such as printing costs, rent, utilities, or other indirect costs used to implement P-EBT activities
Unallowable costs include expenses that are
- Not necessary or responsible for the administration of FY22 P-EBT
- Already reimbursed under another Federal award
- Incurred for earlier iterations of P-EBT (such as benefits issued in Summer 2020, SY 20-21, or Summer 2021)
Remember, if you are already using CN or other federal funds to pay staff time or other expenses, you can’t then also reimburse using the P-EBT funds.
You will need to fill out the exemption form if the award list states that you need to. (Exemption Form)
- Must opt-in by October 24: Attestation Form
- SCA FAQ
- USDA's Food Safety Emergency Response Pocket Guide (English and Spanish)
- USDA's Offer Versus Serve Materials
- USDA's Whole Grain Resource
- CACFP Autumn Activity Page
Attention New Directors!
FOOD PRODUCTION RECORDS 101
A production record is a working tool that outlines the type and quantity of foods that need to be purchased and available for the meal service. Production records must show how the offered meals contribute to the required food components, and food quantities for each meal served to each grade group every day.
TURN UP THE VOLUME: DEADLINES APPROACHING
National School Lunch Week (NSLW)
The official count of enrolled students and free/reduced eligibility is due.
Attachment B Uploads are due
Summer Mandate Waiver available
Complete TX-ELMS Direct Certification Matching
Complete verification process
Farm Fresh Challenge documentation is due.
Verification Report due
RESOURCES AND LINKS
- School Year 22-23 Menu Calendar Templates on SquareMeals
- Administrative Review Resources on our website
REQUEST TIME: REGISTER FOR A CLASS