The Tribe Times
May 23, 2023
From the Desk of Mr. Allen
We are finishing our last week of school for the 22-23 school year with our last day on Friday, May 26th. I want to take this time to thank you for entrusting your scholars to us and for all your support throughout the year. It is my honor to serve your family!
As we head into the summer, I want to remind you to remain connected to email for updates. We are currently working to solidify important dates for the upcoming school year. To find a copy of the FCPS instructional calendar for the 23-24 school year, please visit this link.
Please make sure you complete any necessary tasks before their due dates, including bus transportation that can be found below - due by June 15th.
As always, we wish you all the best for a safe, healthy, fun summer. We look forward to seeing you all again in August for another amazing school year.
Families are expected to utilize our parking found on sixth street or off Keller Alley (see event parking below). Please enter our building through the front entrance where a representative will guide you to your location.
Kindergarten students may leave after graduation; however, they MUST be signed-out. It is important to note this is an unexcused absence. This is very important in ensuring accurate attendance and afternoon transportation information.
2023-24 Bus Transportation (REPEAT)
Current special program students MUST complete this form if they require bus transportation. Special program bus stop requests must be received by June 15 in order to be processed for the first day of school. Check this off your list now, ahead of the due date!
*Late submissions may not be ready until the second week of school. All routes will be publicly available August 1.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGES (Repeat)
ALL transportation changes MUST be submitted in writing, via email, by NOON to our attendance clerk, Essence Nzola, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do NOT send through Class Dojo or by handwritten notes. We must streamline ALL changes through our front office.
Friendly Reminders (Repeat)
- Please read classroom newsletters each week to stay informed.
- Please do NOT park on East Sixth Street to avoid causing traffic issues for neighbors.
- Students MUST be dropped off in the carline each morning. Please do NOT park and allow them to cross the street - this presents a significant safety hazard.
- When picking up in the afternoon, please use Alabama Avenue to enter Keller Alley where a staff member will collect car numbers.
- Walkers are reserved for students who walk home within the neighborhood. If your scholar is NOT walking home, please use our carline.
- Transporation changes MUST be emailed to Ms. Essence by noon each day.
G.W. Carver Attire (Repeat)
Save the Dates
May 26: Last Day of School - Kindergarten Graduation @ 8:15 - Quarter 4 Ends
June 2: Report Cards will be Mailed Home