Sunset Valley Elementary 9/7/18
- CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Denise Morris, 1st grade teacher at SVE, who has been selected as the LSR7 Learning For Life Award Recipient for the month of September!! Way to go, Mrs. Morris! We are very proud of you!
- Lee's Summit Cares has a wealth of information on their website. Here is a link on some neat parent and family information classes offered this fall.
- A reminder that a majority of the communication from SVE is through: this newsletter, email, SchoolMessenger calls, Twitter (@SVELSR7), Instagram (sunsetvalleylsr7), classroom teacher emails, SVE website, and the LSR7 website. Very few "paper copies" go home with students any more when it comes to all-school communication.
- 97% Average Daily Attendance (ADA) for the month of August! Way to go!
How do I know when school is closed due to bad weather?
Lee’s Summit R-7 School District offers a variety of ways to learn about school closings due to inclement weather. After the decision to close school is made, the district will communicate in the following ways:
- A recorded telephone call will go to all students’ families as well as staff members via a service known as SchoolMessenger. Families are encouraged to make sure their phone numbers are accurate and to notify their children’s school if there are changes in these numbers.
- Snow days are shared via R-7 social media, including on R-7 Facebook, found by searching for “Lee’s Summit R-7 School District,” and on Twitter, found via @LSR7.
- Information is shared in the district’s electronic newsletter. To subscribe, visit LSR7 Signup.
- The information is posted on the district’s website.
- School closings are included on the district’s information telephone line at (816) 986-1001.
- Local media are provided information about school closings. Listen or watch for “Lee’s Summit R-7 School District.”
Standards Based Grading
A reminder that LSR7 utilizes Standards Based Grading (SBG) on each child's quarterly progress report. The parent guide has been linked here as well.M- Indicates the student is consistently and independently meeting proficiency of the grade level standard.
P- Indicates the student is progressing toward independent proficiency of the grade level standard.
E - Indicates the student is experiencing difficulty understanding the grade level standard and requires additional time and support as he/she progresses toward proficiency.