Leah, Thomas, and Elimane
Average Yearly Rainfall
- very low and concentrated
- rainfall in America is almost 25 cm. a year
- inland Sahara receives less than 1.5 cm a year.
- sometimes when rain starts falling it evaporates before touching the ground
- long roots
- small leaves
- water storing stems
- prickly spines (discourage animals from touching or eating them.)
- located between 15' and 35' latitude
- both north and south of equator
- most deserts are located within the Southeastern and Northeastern trade winds belt
- Around one third of the Earth's surface is covered in deserts.
- Only around 20% of the deserts on Earth are covered in sand.
- The largest cold desert on Earth is Antarctica.
- The largest hot desert on Earth is the Sahara.\
- They contain large mineral compists.
- This biome could be found on every continent except Europe
- warm throughout fall and spring
- very hot during the summers
- in the winter there is little rainfall
- crane fly
- stink bug