Fifth Grade News
February 4, 2016
* Determine Author's Purpose
* Write a descriptive paragraph
* Identify key features of six colonies
* Compare and contrast colonies
* Draw conclusions from a map
* Chapter assessment
* Solve real-world problems involving multiplication of whole and mixed numbers
* Support Confirmation candidates in Father Jim and Father Charles names with a Palanca letter
February 4: Social Studies Test
February 4: Prayer test - Faithful Departed
February 9: Mardi Gras - Cake Walk in Fifth grade
February 10: Ash Wednesday
February 12: Valentine's Day Party 2:00February 14: All lines memorized
February 15: Presidents' Day - No School
February 23: OJP "The Lightning Thief" 9:30
February 24: States and Capitals Test #1
March 25: Good Friday - Fifth grade leads Stations of the Cross
You're Kind of a Big Deal
Please help your actor study lines. It is really important that they practice these out loud and know the cues. We are getting close to costuming; this is always an exciting time.
For Mardi Gras Tuesday, please send in a cake or cupcakes for our fifth grade cake walk. Please send them on disposable trays that don't need to be returned to you. This is always a very popular "booth" at the Mardi Gras festival.
As we move in to Lent, we will begin planning for our Shadow Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. Mark your calendar so you don't miss this very moving, prayerful event.